HD Channels looks ghostlier and zoomed sometimes

priya2345

Reaction score
Tv Sony Bravia 40" Full HD
STB Videocon HD-DVR 1TB

I changed from SD STB to HD to view good quality picture on my LED in Dec 2013. But I am still not happy with the resolution. The picture on HD channels still looks ghostlier and cropped for all closeups.
My settings on STB :-
Aspect Ratio 16/9
HD resolution Auto

On TV Zoom is Full and Display Area Full Pixel

Should I change HD resolution to 1080i 50 hz or 60 hz or 720p or keep it to auto.
If I press Info on TV it says 1080p 16:9 in Auto mode

Can technical team from D2h help me on this. I want the picture to zoom out. I have installed the HD DVR 1 TB in Dec 2013. Should I ask for latest upgrade of software and will changing teh software resolve my problem. The Loader Status is
loader version 3.133
loader type 1
Bin2ird Ver u 13
Bin2ird s/n 0x3e8
sign date 2013/09/16
download date same
Is this the latest software. How do I confirm it.

I feel I should have bought 32" led. Even at 15 feet distance i am not happy viewing 40" tv with HD content. I have realised that when we see a TV in showroom they play Full HD contents but our Satellite Telivision and HD formatting are still not yet ready for 40" tv or bigger. I feel smaller the TV better the clarity.
I don't have any complain on picture quality and clarity of videocon HD. Its very good. I only feel the faces sometimes looks too close.
If somehow the picture can be zoomed out my problem will be solved.

Thank You for reading

Me using 32 and 42 inch tv with d2h.....the HD quality is good.....please note it's not the best....but good HD experience on both TVs.....post an image of any HD channel from your tv......tv settings including picture and screen should be correct.....especially picture settings should be optimised.......

its not problem of tv or d2h...i think its ur tv settings problem...set tv zoom to original or just scan...in stb set resolution to 1080p at 50hz or 60hz

yup im also using d2h hd on lg 42" led tv...picture quality of hd channels are awesome...even sd channels r also good...

I have not set the TV to zoom its in Full mode(widezoom, Full and zoom). On STB 16/9 Full Streched. I have already mentioned all the screen settings on STB and TV in my original Post. My main problem is picture getting cropped on closeups.
Will try to post screen shots soon.

Thank You

priya2345 said:
I have not set the TV to zoom its in Full mode(widezoom, Full and zoom). I have already mentioned all the screen settings on STB and TV in my original Post. My main problem is picture getting cropped on closeups.
Will try to post screen shots soon.

Thank You

Ya post an image first......if possible post some images of tv settings including picture and screen....also from STB settings also....picture will give a good idea of what the problem with settings.....

yes, I agree... beyond 32" its a mess-up to watch current TV channels,considering majority indian channels are on non-HD mode today.me too exp this after having spend on a 46" Sony LED, its only a disappointment

priya2345 said:
Tv Sony Bravia 40" Full HD
STB Videocon HD-DVR 1TB

I changed from SD STB to HD to view good quality picture on my LED in Dec 2013. But I am still not happy with the resolution. The picture on HD channels still looks ghostlier and cropped for all closeups.
My settings on STB :-
Aspect Ratio 16/9
HD resolution Auto

On TV Zoom is Full and Display Area Full Pixel

Should I change HD resolution to 1080i 50 hz or 60 hz or 720p or keep it to auto.
If I press Info on TV it says 1080p 16:9 in Auto mode

Can technical team from D2h help me on this. I want the picture to zoom out. I have installed the HD DVR 1 TB in Dec 2013. Should I ask for latest upgrade of software and will changing teh software resolve my problem. The Loader Status is
loader version 3.133
loader type 1
Bin2ird Ver u 13
Bin2ird s/n 0x3e8
sign date 2013/09/16
download date same
Is this the latest software. How do I confirm it.

I feel I should have bought 32" led. Even at 15 feet distance i am not happy viewing 40" tv with HD content. I have realised that when we see a TV in showroom they play Full HD contents but our Satellite Telivision and HD formatting are still not yet ready for 40" tv or bigger. I feel smaller the TV better the clarity.
I don't have any complain on picture quality and clarity of videocon HD. Its very good. I only feel the faces sometimes looks too close.
If somehow the picture can be zoomed out my problem will be solved.

Thank You for reading

thilalangadi said:
yes, I agree... beyond 32" its a mess-up to watch current TV channels,considering majority indian channels are on non-HD mode today.me too exp this after having spend on a 46" Sony LED, its only a disappointment

A tv more than 32 inch is worth if u can spent for bd player and bdiscs also along with HD channels.....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock