IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhihn4
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 903
  • Views Views: Views 148,880

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think K Madhavan is Uday Shankar pro max😜. Disney was expected to be a strict spender than Fox. But both Star and Hotstar were getting huge funding for content and movie rights than the Fox era. Uday Shankar made Star powerful, but under K Madhavan the network stays at its never before heights.Any network never showed much dominancy anytime.
So this time Star Bidding Under Disney and K Madhavan Leadership, Already Disney/K Madhavan Retained 500 Cr Deserved Pro Kabbadi Media Rights for 900 Cr, anyway BCCI officials happy from Star/Disney, BCCI know that Star/Disney bidding till e-auction end:blush2:

But Sony-Zee-Amazon Prime Video combine can compete them in open e-auction.
If Zee and Sony merge cancelled, then Sony and Amazon combine bid possible, Also Sony, Zee, Star and Viacom has digital platforms why they will do joint bid with Amazon prime 🤔

The SONY-ZEE merger is said to be nearing it's Final phase. It is unbelievable to say that it will be canceled when that happens.
I read in an article that Sony Zee merger will took 6 months to complete. So this merger can do nothing with IPL auction. Sony alone bid for TV rights primarily. Amazon prime will offer the highest for a streaming right. Disney Star and TV 18 going to be the only 2 players who bid for both TV and digital rights. Star will call for the global rights but it's not clear whether TV 18 may go for Indian sub continent rights only. Ambani-Shankar-Murdock trio will be a strong threat to Star India.

If Zee and Sony merge cancelled, then Sony and Amazon combine bid possible, Also Sony, Zee, Star and Viacom has digital platforms why they will do joint bid with Amazon prime 🤔
Because linear is still a huge profitable business in India. And Sony doesn't have the scale to make a profitable ROI if they bid for digital rights goo. Amazon has that scale and can stomach the losses even if they couldn't.

I read in an article that Sony Zee merger will took 6 months to complete. So this merger can do nothing with IPL auction. Sony alone bid for TV rights primarily. Amazon prime will offer the highest for a streaming right. Disney Star and TV 18 going to be the only 2 players who bid for both TV and digital rights. Star will call for the global rights but it's not clear whether TV 18 may go for Indian sub continent rights only. Ambani-Shankar-Murdock trio will be a strong threat to Star India.
We will wait and see what happens in the end in the Sony-ZEE merger.
As you said, let the Ambani-Shankar-Murdoch trio be a threat to Star India. When Murdoch arrives, we can be sure that he will bid at least in the US and Australia. It would be great if Amazon Prime got the streaming rights. In any case, Sony and TV18 will not be as annoying as Star.

As you said, let the Ambani-Shankar-Murdoch trio be a threat to Star India.
Fun fact for everyone, Rupert Murdoch sold his assests to Disney. One of the main reasons that are spoken out are that after him seeing the money thrown for IPL digital rights by Facebook. He was petrified that their company ie., sold to Disney for $71.9 billion is a small scale... Of course, infusion of ₹12000 crores isn't enough to run such a large scale operations

We will wait and see what happens in the end in the Sony-ZEE merger.
As you said, let the Ambani-Shankar-Murdoch trio be a threat to Star India. When Murdoch arrives, we can be sure that he will bid at least in the US and Australia. It would be great if Amazon Prime got the streaming rights. In any case, Sony and TV18 will not be as annoying as Star.
I wish Amazon prime to be the streaming partner, then Hotstar and Sony Liv. I am not much interested in reliance platforms.
Coming to TV Sony is my priority, then Star Sports. But we don't know what N18 sports is..! So there is a curiosity about how they present.

I wish Amazon prime to be the streaming partner, then Hotstar and Sony Liv. I am not much interested in reliance platforms.
Coming to TV Sony is my priority, then Star Sports. But we don't know what N18 sports is..! So there is a curiosity about how they present.
If Amazon prime acquires streaming rights it will end of Premium Ad Free subscription in prime video India

Back
Top Bottom