IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When an advertiser will be spending such huge amount for promoting their products, is it necessarily going to boost their product in market to a extent that their added amount will be recovered.
For these TV channels is there any alternative way apart from advertisement to earn during broadcast.
No, their only source is advertisement.

When an advertiser will be spending such huge amount for promoting their products, is it necessarily going to boost their product in market to a extent that their added amount will be recovered.
For these TV channels is there any alternative way apart from advertisement to earn during broadcast.
There is One alternate I do feel many people want in India is,
A separate premium channel with no ads (literally 0 ads from advertisers), inhouse promos can be tolerated though but not frequently also.

This channel would be separate from SS1(and I don't mean here converting SS1 to premium channel,let it be as it's) but have same live broadcast.

Now Star will earn here through channel pricing, 50 or 75 Rs.
Those who are ready to pay more and are frustrated of ads will subscribe.

A separate premium channel with no ads (literally 0 ads from advertisers), inhouse promos can be tolerated though but not frequently also.

This channel would be separate from SS1(and I don't mean here converting SS1 to premium channel,let it be as it's) but have same live broadcast.

I do not think one will pay this much for watching highlights.

I do not think one will pay this much for watching highlights.
That's sole problem of Star sports that they will show Hls 24×7:censored:

Just think same concept which I said is being applied to other genres and languages as well:cap2:

Those many people will be highly overlapping with OTT audience. They can simply get subscription based service which will give truly ad free experience.

Last I had watched totally ad-free cricket was India's tour of South Africa way back in 2018 on Sony Liv. Don't expect anything to change now. Unless someone like Amazon acquires rights. Always remember they are a shopping company not a streaming one. So can offer ad-free sports in the name of customer acquisition.

Star already offers IPL with less ads as Dugout feed on Star Sports Select 1. There is no ads in either innings after 15th over. Don't think it's as popular as it should be. More buys tv channels as a bouquet than on channel basis. Being excluded from most bouquets doesn't help Star Sports Select 1. So a premium only channel will be a distribution nightmare.

Between why anyone need ad-free cricket?
There is nothing to watch in between the overs if you have watched cricket on Fancode and prime.

Dugout is somewhat good, but sometimes they discusson more offtopic things than the match, sometimes low voice and it ends immediately after the match ends and lack of Indian commentators.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock