IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there any confirmation from Reliance or Mr. Shankar / Mr. Mudroch regarding both of them coming together to bid for IPL and launch sports channels? I read an article and Mr. Shankar still did not comment on what is currently being planned or what is the roadmap ahead on this. Here is the article

Also was just thinking that reading about this possible joint venture, will star/disney let go off other sports properties rights and reserve finances for IPL and meanwhile Reliance will continue buying various sports events rights? If ultimately this happens then star/disney will still have the upper hand but incase this does not happen then star/disney will surely lose out on buying so many different sports rights which it would have tried bidding for in normal scenario

I guess with advent of fiber in big cities, this could be a good option. Majority of TV content is available on OTT. I know many people who only use OTT apps instead of DTH / cable tv.
It is not. How is buying more subscription instead of one is good option? Like now you buy hotstar and you get to watch whole IPL. But in your case, you need to buy hotstar with Amazon prime or sony liv to watch it. That is never good.

It is not. How is buying more subscription instead of one is good option? Like now you buy hotstar and you get to watch whole IPL. But in your case, you need to buy hotstar with Amazon prime or sony liv to watch it. That is never good.
Nailed it! Forget subscribing. Imagine the confusion to watch 5 matches on Hotstar and other 5 on Sony Liv. On TV it will get more confusing with channels itself having 5 different numbers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock