Seeking Help Is Tata Play Binge STB better for primary TV usage and sometimes OTT

• Thread starter sc3
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 1,612

sc3

Reaction score
Today I use Tataplay DTH for viewing ala-carte HD channels, mainly News, Sports and some regional Marathi channels.

Would now like to also view OTT apps mainly for sports that are no longer on TV nowadays.

Users are parents who are not much tech savvy, while I may need to be able to see the same OTT apps on web/mobile if allowed.

Questions:
Q1: Which setup is better for my usage
My options today are:
1. Use Binge STB on TV for DTH and some OTT apps. Use Binge service on web for my viewing.
2. Continue to use Tataplay HD and use Fire stick/Chromecast for OTT.
3. Buy a Smart TV and use HD DTH STB + Apps on the TV.

Q2: Is Binge STB allowed to be used just like TataPlay HD box, without Binge subscriptions? or the current HD box is fine.
Q3: Can one switch between DTH TV channels and OTT apps easily in Binge STB
Q4: Does the Bige STB allow cast from laptop/mobile device.

Solution
In terms of picture quality tataplay binge+ is so much better than normal hd box ( noticeable in 4k large screen tv only) and yes you can use binge+ box without binge subscription. I am using the same. the UI is quite modern and epg looks great.

Major cons are slow boot up and if you use ott apps , box lags..so I am using for dth only by turning off wifi and uninstalling or disabling ott apps. also there is no fav button so if parents are using fav button you need to train them.

So I would suggest if you don't have a large screen 4k tv, stay with hd box only and for ott buy a dedicated stick like firestick or box like mi box..don't expect premium experience from hybrid boxes 🙏

Still if you want to go with binge+, you can actually...
In terms of picture quality tataplay binge+ is so much better than normal hd box ( noticeable in 4k large screen tv only) and yes you can use binge+ box without binge subscription. I am using the same. the UI is quite modern and epg looks great.

Major cons are slow boot up and if you use ott apps , box lags..so I am using for dth only by turning off wifi and uninstalling or disabling ott apps. also there is no fav button so if parents are using fav button you need to train them.

So I would suggest if you don't have a large screen 4k tv, stay with hd box only and for ott buy a dedicated stick like firestick or box like mi box..don't expect premium experience from hybrid boxes 🙏

Still if you want to go with binge+, you can actually get it for free ..it's available in Amazon at 5500 plus bank discounts ..you will get ₹6000 in the main balance but remember the cons!

Pros:
Great UI
Better clarity than normal hd box
Can watch some channels using internet if there is rain outage

Cons
Slow boot up and Sometime lag here and there
No fav button
No dedicated mute button (new remote)
No guide button (new remote)

Solution
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock