Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

• Thread starter kmb1000
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 105
  • Views: Views 7,958
sagar.patnaik said:
Yes, I can divide India into 3 parts. One who can afford everything, one who can afford a decent life and the last who can afford to survive. Let everybody have the choice to live their life and aspire for good.

division on what basis. ur division of people can b applicable throughout the world.
but division shud b made on %basis because in the whole world people r of two categories only - rich or poor.
by the way u belonged to which category>:p:p:p:p:p

sagar.patnaik said:
Even now almost all 4K tvs are 3D. At least get the content providers views production house views. You just saw one side of the picture and went for it.

bro i saw the other side of the hedge too :p:p:p

Prateek Marwadi said:
by the way u belonged to which category>:p:p:p:p:p

Better to avoid this type of questions though it is a joke!

Sadiq said:
As you said content is event based. The same is mentioned by the DTH too. No one is being forced by any DTH to go for UHD. It is also one of the technology offered by DTH as like HD.

yes bro. no one is forcing. but others also has to compromise.
d2h n tata sky - space allocation - don't have enough space - compression wud b there - less pq as more channels wud b in some tps - sd n hd customers ll also suffer.

Sadiq said:
Better to avoid this type of questions though it is a joke!

yes bro. it was just a joke. v r all friends here n after so much of arguments n discussion, some light hearted jokes shud b entertained.
sorry if i hurt someone.

sagar.patnaik said:
Oh great, Tell me one tv series fiction which was aired in 3D

sorry sagar bro. as sadiq bro rightly said, i asked it n better to take it in a light way as it was just a joke n nothing more

about ur q bro... i don't know... honestly speaking don't have much knowledge about 3d contents

Prateek Marwadi said:
sorry sagar bro. as sadiq bro rightly said, i asked it n better to take it in a light way as it was just a joke n nothing more

about ur q bro... i don't know... honestly speaking don't have much knowledge about 3d contents

That's the problem bro! If you checked it, you wouldn't have gone for 3D TV.

Prateek Marwadi said:

Its ok i took it lightly. Nobody made 3D programs except infotainment channels that too very few. 3D was dependent on live programming which never picked up. 4K we already have commitments from every one. Infotainment, live programming, fictional content, music everyone.

Prateek Marwadi said:
yes bro. no one is forcing. but others also has to compromise.
d2h n tata sky - space allocation - don't have enough space - compression wud b there - less pq as more channels wud b in some tps - sd n hd customers ll also suffer.

Not sure about Tata Sky. But D2H is having enough space to add UHD channel and it will not affect the quality of SD/HD channels.

They did the testing some months before and at that time they moved the channels from one TP to other to create space. They are not applying over compression for the addition of UHD channel. If so, it will be visible to us in the PCI card scan results thread.

So, don't worry about SD/HD quality because of UHD. If I am going with your logic. Then adding 2 HD channels (which is equal to 1 UHD) should also affect SD channel picture quality so we should not ask for any more HD channel without getting more TPs. Will you stop asking for new HD channels considering the benefits of SD users till the time D2H or Tata Sky is getting more TPs?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock