Is this the Right Time to Launch a UHD Channel?

• Thread starter kmb1000
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 105
  • Views: Views 8,007
RE: Videocon d2h presents India’s 1st 4K Ultra HD Channel

Sadiq said:
In America, there are still SD channels! Which means HD failed? Let us wait for the future. Do you what will happen to you tomorrow? Also, are you doing things by considering your status after 10 years?

yes bro.

Prateek Marwadi said:

And you are very sure that whatever you are planning will happen in future? Don't think that I am discouraging your future expectations. It is just for an argument!

Prateek Marwadi said:
:p:p:p just like future of 3D channels:D:D:D

UHD was first started in america 10 years ago approximately but after 10 years also don't have so much of content.:(:(:(

First of all your info is wrong. First UHD channel was started in Europe that too in 2014. US still dont have a UHD channel Only vod and streaming service is there. Youtube started UHD in 2014. Netflix in 2014. Direc Tv in 2014. US has approx 200 HD channels. It took them 15 years to add 200 channels. Dont expect lots of UHD channels first. Everything starts with 1. For 3D to fail, the production houses didnt build 3D content. UHD has already kicked off with more tv series lined up for 4K release. in US HD started in 1999 but kickoff happened from 2007. So UHD started in 2015 the kick off will happen around 2018-19. Till then have patience.

Sadiq said:
And you are very sure that whatever you are planning will happen in future? Don't think that I am discouraging your future expectations. It is just for an argument!

bro.. i know u won't hurt me intentionally. so don't think in that way.. i ll always take u positive....
yes bro... i m sure it ll happen in future
execution cud b varied with my expectations but it will b executed in the same way
my future planning is very simple bro
e.g. invest in banks. so it has to be executed in the same way.
by ur q it seems that u r a married man.

sagar.patnaik said:
First of all your info is wrong. First UHD channel was started in Europe that too in 2014. US still dont have a UHD channel Only vod and streaming service is there. Youtube started UHD in 2014. Netflix in 2014. Direc Tv in 2014. US has approx 200 HD channels. It took them 15 years to add 200 channels. Dont expect lots of UHD channels first. Everything starts with 1. For 3D to fail, the production houses didnt build 3D content. UHD has already kicked off with more tv series lined up for 4K release. in US HD started in 1999 but kickoff happened from 2007. So UHD started in 2015 the kick off will happen around 2018-19. Till then have patience.

oh bro. what is ur problem bro????:wall:wall:wall
did i mention anywhere about the uhd channel?:angry:angry:angry

Prateek Marwadi said:
bro.. i know u won't hurt me intentionally. so don't think in that way.. i ll always take u positive....
yes bro... i m sure it ll happen in future
execution cud b varied with my expectations but it will b executed in the same way
my future planning is very simple bro
e.g. invest in banks. so it has to be executed in the same way.
by ur q it seems that u r a married man.

Yes, I am married!

Like how you are sure that your planning will happen in future, let us hope UHD will be succeeded in future. Till the time you get confident in UHD's future, don't invest. Please don't repeat your mistake.

But there are many who want UHD even now. Let them enjoy. Let the DTH operators serve them too. Please don't stop DTH players to stop serving those people too.

Prateek Marwadi said:

You simply said UHD. But the discussion is going on about UHD channels and not about UHD technology. So, we should see when the first UHD channel is started instead of looking at when the technlogy is started.

As per your logic, HD was started in 1999 (as per Sagar's post) but in India's DTH it started around 2010 (after 11 years) and now HD is succeeded.

Similarly, UHD in India's DTH is getting started after 10 years (as per your statement).

It took around 2 years for the HD to get success in India's DTH.
Let us at least wait for 2 years.

3D is a complete failure due to many reasons like lack of content, special glasses etc.

UHD is an improvement of HD and we can still view the channel by downscaling it to 1080p in Full HD TV that most of us are having now. But we cannot watch a 3D TV in a Full HD TV. Differences are there.

Wait for some time.

But still, I am also agreeing that DTH companies need to focus more on adding missing SD/HD channels. But it is necessary to stop initiating the UHD service to achieve it.

[split] Videocon d2h presents India’s 1st 4K Ultra HD Channel

Sadiq said:
Yes, I am married!

Like how you are sure that your planning will happen in future, let us hope UHD will be succeeded in future. Till the time you get confident in UHD's future, don't invest. Please don't repeat your mistake.

But there are many who want UHD even now. Let them enjoy. Let the DTH operators serve them too. Please don't stop DTH players to stop serving those people too.

repeat ur mistake - means wat bro?
bro i won't support uhd channels.many ll b fooled once again n i don't want that.

[split] Videocon d2h presents India’s 1st 4K Ultra HD Channel

Prateek Marwadi said:

8K technology was showcased in 2005 I guess that doesnt mean i ll count it from 2005. HD was showcased in late 80's. India started HD late that doesnt mean it has to start everything late.

Prateek Marwadi said:
repeat ur mistake - means wat bro?
bro i won't support uhd channels.many ll b fooled once again n i don't want that.

You are only getting fooled. When nobody was betting big on 3D you bought 3D tv, when all industry experts are moving towards 4K now you dont want 4K. Perfect example of Doodh ka jala chaanch bhi phoonk phoonk ke peeta hai. :lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock