Malayalam Movies Updates

Mohanlal and Pulimurugan director Vysakh thank fans...

Actor Mohanlal's recent film Pulimurugan has went on receive a warm reception from fans. The Oppam actor recently was live on his social networking page along with director Vysakh and cinematographer Shaji Kumar and expressed deep gratitude to the Malayali audience.
Vysakh said that for a person, who has seen Mohanlal's efforts directly, the response has been overwhelming. He also added that duplicating the scenes of the film on social media will affect the ones, who have not yet got themselves a glimpse of the movie, and hence will spoil the joy of watching it in theatres. Mohanlal explained that a lot of effort has gone the making of Pulimurugan.

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertain...or-Vysakh-thank-fans/articleshow/54897529.cms

Mohanlal’s young co-stars team up for 'Osyathu'...

Remember the child actor, Vineeth Anil, who essayed the role of Vikru in the Mohanlal-starrer Yodha?
Well, he is all grown up now and has switched from being an actor to directing his own film. He has also roped Mohanlal's co-star in 'Olympian Anthony Adam', Arun for the movie, which is titled 'Osyath'.
The film, which has Zahir fame Jithu Johny in the lead, is based on the novel of the same name. "Osyath means the last will or testament. The film revolves around the lives of two brothers," says the Vineeth. "It deals with how the relationship between siblings comes under strain and leads to a lot of misunderstandings after a will is written."
Vineeth, who has completed his BCom, says, "Getting back to films wasn't a planned move. Things happened out of the blue when I met my mentor Vijayakrishnan sir, under whom I became assistant director for a serial. He had the novel with him at that time and I felt that I could work on the theme." Surprisingly, it just took around 10 days to finish shooting the movie.
Meanwhile, actor Arun, who was recently seen in Mudhugauv, says, "I play the role of Allu, who is the younger brother, and has an inclination towards reading, in the film. However, the entire film is from the elder brother's point of view, and it gets triggered when my father bequeaths the property in my name." He has been part of films such as Banking Hours and Speed earlier.
Prakash Bare, Ozhivu Divasathe Kali fame Arun Nair, Gayathri, Kochu Preman and Sangeetha Mohan also play prominent roles in Osyath.

Yodha: Mohanlal’s young co-stars team up for 'Osyathu' - Times of India

Asif Ali To Join Kunchacko Boban, Fahadh Faasil And Parvathy...!

Mahesh Narayana's debut directorial venture, has been in the news since its announcement. The film has an ensemble star cast comprising of actors like Kunchacko Boban, Fahadh Faasil and Parvathy in the lead roles.Now, the latest to join the cast list is actor Asif Ali. According to certain reports, the yet-to-be-titled film would have the young actor also playing an important role in it.

If reports are to be believed, Asif Ali would don the role of the husband of the character played by Parvathy in the film. Actress Parvathy would be seen as Sameera, a nurse who works in Iraq.

Reportedly, the film would narrate the story of nurses working in Iraq, who get trapped in the place during the period of war. Actor Kunchacko Boban would be seen in the role of a male nurse, who gets trapped in Iraq.Actor Fahadh Faasil would be seen in the role of an Indian diplomat in the film and the actor has completed his portions for the film. The first schedule of the film, which was shot in Hyderabad has been completed and the second schedule of the film would be shot in locations like UAE, Ras Al Khaima etc. The film has been jointly scripted by Mahesh Narayanan and P V Shajikumar.

Asif Ali To Join Kunchacko Boban, Fahadh Faasil And Parvathy! - Filmibeat

'Mera Naam Shaji' goes on floors in October...

'Mera Naam Shaji' written and directed by 'Kathayile Nayika' director Dileep will start its shoot by mid-October. The movie plots the story of three individuals named Shaji, who have different intentions, meet and the resulting interesting incidents.

Joju George, Sudheer Karamana, Balu Varghese, Sreenath Bhasi, Harish Kanaran, and Noby play the main roles.

Jassie Gift tunes music for the lyrics written by Shefeeq Ahmed and Vinu Kiriyath. The cinematography is done by Guna.

'Mera Naam Shaji' goes on floors in October

'Vakku' shoot completed...

The shooting of the film 'Vakku' directed by Sujith S Nair gets completed at Thiruvanathapuram. Director M A Nishad and Pranav Ratheesh play the main roles.

Suraj Venjarammoodu, Sudheer Karamana, Ganesh Kumar, Krishna Chandran, Balaji, Sohan Seenulal, Karthik, Musthafa, Master Achal Mohandas, Chandni, Parvathy Ratheesh, Anu Hassen, and Vanitha also include the cast.

'Vakku' is produced by Luka Films and Mambu Maj Productions by Aju Thomas and Muralidheeran. Madhu Ambatt is the cinematographer. The music is scored by Kallara Gopan.

'Vakku' shoot completed

Jayasurya's Look In Fukri Revealed...!

923c3dec9ad1073b986167b0582e2767.jpg

Jayasurya, is one such actor, who has always made it a point to sport different looks for the different characters that he portrays. The actor, who was most recently seen in the film Pretham, did sport a tonsured look for the character named Don Bosco, in the film.
Jayasurya would be next seen in director Siddique's upcoming directorial venture, which has been titled as Fukri. The actor would be seen in a stylish get-up in the film. Jayasurya, himself revealed his look in the film through a Facebook post.

The actor has sported a thick and well-shaped beard for the film. By all means, it is a stylish makeover for the actor in the film. It has not been confirmed whether the actor would be seen in the same get-up throughout the film.

Jayasurya would be seen playing an engineering drop out, who is also a kleptomaniac. Actor Lal essays an important role in the film. Prayaga Martin and Anu Sithara handle the female lead roles of the film

Fukri, has its script written by director Siddique himself. His previous directorial venture was Bhaskar the Rascal, which had Mammootty in the lead role. The upcoming film also marks the debut of Siddique as a producer. The film has been jointly produced by Siddique, Vaishak Rajan and Jenso Jose.

Jayasurya's Look In Fukri Revealed! - Filmibeat

Aparna Balamurali Turns Auto Driver...!

Aparna Balamurali, the young actress has created a strong fan base, with her debut movie Maheshinte Prathikaaram. Her portrayal of the character Jimsy was highly appreciated by both the audiences and the critics.
Now, Aparna is back with yet another different roles. Interestingly, she is playing an auto driver in her upcoming movie, Thrissivaperoor Kliptham. The movie directed by debutante Ratheesh Kumar stars Asif Ali in the lead role.

The actress-singer is sharing the screen with Asif Ali, for the first time in her career. The movie will also feature Chemban Vinod Jose, Irshad, Baburaj, Tini Tom, Sreejith Ravi etc. in the other key roles.

The shooting of the movie, which is said to be an out-and-out romantic comedy, is progressing at the various locations of Thrissur district. Thrissivaperoor Kliptham is scripted by popular screenwriter PS Rafeeq.

Aparna Balamurali's second movie outing was the recently released Jude Anthany Joseph project Oru Muthassi Gadha. She is currently filming for the upcoming Anoop Menon starrer Sarvopari Paalakkaran.

As per the latest updates, Aparna is all set to make her Tamil debut soon, with the upcoming thriller Ettu Thottakkal. She is also active with her playback singing career, and has sung for several recent films.

Aparna Balamurali Turns Auto Driver! - Filmibeat

Mammootty-Ranjith's Vamban To Start Rolling Soon...!

Mammootty, the megastar of Mollywood is all set to team up with the super-talented director Ranjith, once again. The duo is joining hands for a mass entertainer, which has reportedly been titled as Vamban.
According to the reports, the highly anticipated project will start rolling in November, immediately after Mammootty completes his current commitments. The movie will be widely shot at the various locations of Kozhikode.

Some believable sources suggest that Vamban will an entirely different attempt by the Mammootty-Ranjith duo. Director Ranjith, himself scripts the project which will have several prominent actors in the major roles.

Kadal Kadannu Oru Maathukutti, the last outing of Ranjith with Mammootty as a director, was a commercial failure. The director last teamed up with the megastar for Venu's Munnariyippu, which was produced by him.

The director had recently confirmed that the new project will not have any similarities with his earlier Mammootty films, Kaiyoppu, Pranchiyettan And The Saint, and Paleri Manikyam: Oru Pathirakolapathakathinte Kadha.

However, expectations are riding high on the project, as it brings back one of the most celebrated actor-director duos after a break. The team is expected to officially announce the title and the rest of the star cast, soon.

Mammootty-Ranjith's Vamban To Start Rolling Soon! - Filmibeat

Aju Varghese to play a schoolboy in his next...

After playing Dhyan Sreenivasan's best friend in Kunjiramayanam and Adi Kapyare Kootamani, Aju Varghese will be seen as Vineeth Sreenivasan's buddy in the upcoming film Aby. Directed by debutant Srikant Murali, the film will have Aju as a high school student.
"Aby, played by Vineeth, is a boy who dreams to create an airplane. Aju plays his friend and classmate named Kunjoottan in the film. However, like many other characters in the movie, he too underestimates Aby's potential," says Srikant, adding that the Oppam actor will have enough space to showcase his humorous side.
The director also explains that Aju's character also has a jealous side as his friend Anu played by Mareena gets close to Aby. "That too paves way for some lighter moments in the movie." Similar to the rest of the characters in the movie, Aju too will be seen essaying two different phases of life. "He will be seen as a schoolboy and also a grown- up man in the film," the director adds.

Dhyan Sreenivasan: Aju Varghese to play a schoolboy in his next - Times of India

Peruchazhi actress Ragini back to Mollywood...

Ragini Nandwani, who had a smashing debut in Mollywood with Mohanlal-starrer 'Peruchazhi', is delighted to be back in the industry, this time with a film that focuses on its women characters. And that is precisely the reason why she chose to take up this film, she says. "The story line was really good and there is a lot for me to do in this film." Titled Hadiya, the movie is directed by Unni Pranavam, and is about the journey of a girl, Saara. "I'm afraid I can't reveal too much about the role. Hadiya means Gift of God. My character Saara is a regular, homely Christian girl. In a nutshell, the film follows the journey of Saara. After she falls in love life takes a turn. Saara is the direct opposite of what I have done so far."
Shoot has already started for the film in Kochi. Ragini has acted in the Malayalam film Peruchazhi but its shoot was held almost entirely in the US. Thus this will be her first shooting experience in Kerala. "I'm basically from Dehradun but settled in Mumbai for work. So I find Kerala green and pollution free. It's truly God's Own Country, the best place to rejuvenate. I'm glad I'm getting a month here."
And did she get to meet her Peruchazhi co-star, Mohanlal? "No, I'm shooting back-to-back and sir is also busy. But I'll make sure I meet him before I leave." Ragini has movies coming up in Malayalam and Tamil but can't talk about them as of now, she says. "The Malayalam project is a really good one, I will reveal more about it soon."

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertain...ni-back-to-Mollywood/articleshow/54936964.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock