Malayalam Movies Updates

‘Motta’ Rajendran to debut in Malayalam with Dileep...
633a3e682d9875434660bd225ec99431.jpg

Tamil actor 'Motta' Rajendran, who has done memorable roles in Theri, Vedalam and Remo, is all set to debut in Malayalam alongside Dileep in Pickpocket.
The movie, which will be directed by P Balachandrakumar of Cowboy fame, will be an entertainer shot in Coimbatore, Chennai, Kochi and a foreign location.
Rajendran will play Dileep's sidekick in the movie, says the filmmaker. "Dileep will play a professional pickpocket with a heart of gold in the film," says Balachandrakumar, adding that the movie will start shooting from 2017.

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertain...alayalam-with-Dileep/articleshow/54864917.cms

Vineeth Sreenivasan’s Aanandam All Set To Hit The Theatres...!

Aanandam which marks the debut of Vineeth Sreenivasan as a producer, is gearing up for a release. The film, which has its story revolving around a college tour of a few engineering students, has been directed by Ganesh Raj, who earlier assisted Vineeth Sreenivasan in films like Thattathin Marayathu, Thira, Jacobinte Swargarajyam etc.
Reportedly, the film would hit the theatres on October 21, 2016. Vineeth Sreenivasan took to Facebook to officially announce the release date of the film.

Aanandam is the first production venture of Habit Of Life, which is owned by Vineeth Sreenivasan. The film also marks the debut of Sachin Warrier as a music director in films. Premam fame Anand C Chnadran is the cinematographer of the film.

The film has been shot in various locations like Kochi, Hyderabad, Goa etc. Lal Jose's LJ Films would be distributing the film to the theatres.

Aanandam also introduces a handful of new actors to the industry. The film features newcomers like Vishak, Siddhi, Rodhan, Arun, Anarkali etc. in prominent roles.

The makers of the film are on a promotional spree and they have visited a number of engineering colleges as a part of the promotion.

Well, right now, it is Pulimurugan mania at the box office. Let us wait and see whether the film would provide a stiff completion to the Mohanlal starrer from October 21, onwards. We wish the team all the very best.

Vineeth Sreenivasan’s Aanandam All Set To Hit The Theatres! - Filmibeat

Asif, Parvathy to team up for Iraq war drama...

The cast of Mahesh Narayanan's debut directorial seems to be swelling by the day.
After Kunchacko Boban, Parvathy and Fahadh Faasil, the latest actor to join the Iraq war drama is Asif Ali.
The director tells us, "Asif Ali has been roped in to play Parvathy's husband in the movie while Alencier Ley will be seen as her father. Asif's is a pivotal role in the movie."
Parvathy plays the character of a nurse named Sameera, who is recruited to a hospital in Iraq. The director had earlier told us that the movie is based on the evacuation of Indian nurses who were trapped in the Iraqi city Tikrit in 2014 during the war between the government forces and the ISIS.
The team has just finished a schedule in Hyderabad and will head to Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, in a week. The movie also has a short schedule in the city of Najaf, Iraq.
While Fahadh has already wrapped up his portions, Asif will start shooting for the movie later in UAE, informs Mahesh.
The yet-to-be-titled film, which is scripted by Mahesh and PV Shajikumar, has Kunchacko playing a nurse for the first time while Fahadh essays the role of an Indian ambassador.

parvathy thiruvoth: Asif, Parvathy to team up for Iraq war drama - Times of India

Kolumittayi trailer... A trip back to schooldays!

National Award winner child actor Gaurav Menon's next film, 'Kolumittayi,' is likely tohit the screens soon.
The film's trailer, featuring the cute actor and Amar Akbar Anthony fame Baby Meenakshi is just out and its nothing less than a trip back to schooldays, especially for those who have grown up in our villages. Many other popular child actors are also featured in the movie, which also has Anjali Aneesh Upasana, Saiju Kurup, Kalabhavan Prajod and Dinesh Prabhakar in other major roles.

Juggru: Kolumittayi trailer... A trip back to schooldays! - Times of India

Last edited by a moderator:
Hollywood actor Roger Narayan as Prithviraj’s villain...

Prithviraj and Parvathy's 'My Story' has found its antagonist in Hollywood actor Roger Narayan.
The star, who has acted in films such as 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' and the series 'The Leftovers', is all set to make his Malayalam debut with the film, helmed by costume designer-turned-director Roshni Dinaker.
In a telephonic conversation from the US, Roger confirms that he has indeed signed the movie. "I play the villain named David. The bulk of my portions will be shot in Portugal, except for a few days in India," says the actor.
Roger had earlier this year made his foray into Indian cinema with the Kannada blockbuster U-Turn. The actor, whose screen credits include English TV series such as Weeds, Castle and How I Met Your Mother, tells us that he hopes working in Malayalam wouldn't pose much of a challenge as he's already familiar with the language.
"I can understand Malayalam because I have relatives from Palakkad and Trivandrum. So, I grew up listening to a lot of the language at home. Also, I am fluent in Tamil and Sanskrit, so it's easy to speak Malayalam. I will be dubbing for myself because I think my pronunciation is fine. Obviously, I look forward to brushing up a lot of things for the movie," Roger says.
On taking up My Story, the actor says, "I have always had high regard for Malayalam films from my early days in theatre. The emphasis in Malayalam and Bengali films has always been on the story than the actors. That's not something you see in mainstream commercial movies in India." A self-confessed fan of Mohanlal and Mammootty, Roger says that he's eager to join the team in Portugal by the end of this month. "Both Prithviraj and Parvathy are gifted actors and I consider it a privilege to work with them. My challenge is to match up to them."
Roger is currently working on two Hollywood films. "I have just finished shooting for 417 Miles directed by Mainak Dhar, who has assisted director Prakash Jha. The film's got an Indian story but it is shot entirely in San Francisco and Los Angeles. However, I am not at liberty to reveal anything about the film that I am currently shooting," he signs off.

U-turn: Hollywood actor Roger Narayan as Prithviraj’s villain - Times of India

Priyadarshan’s next in M-Town to be a sports film...

Master filmmaker Priyadarshan seems to be back in his groove after his latest venture 'Oppam' becoming a box office success and his film Sila Samayangalil vying for a nomination at this year's Golden Globes.
Recent reports suggest that the director is planning a sports movie in Malayalam, next.
The director had said that he had first mulled the idea when scriptwriter, late T Damodaran, shared thoughts about making a sport movie. The duo had worked in films such as Advaitham, Megham and Kaalapani.
Priyadarshan says, "Since he was from Kozhikode, which has produced several great athletes, he was aware of the sports scenario. But that project did not go forward and now I have started speaking to sports personalities to get a broader idea about the story canvas."
On when the project would go on floors, the director tells us, "It's a film under consideration. That's all. I will take it up as my next only if the script comes out well."
The filmmaker has a Bollywood project on the cards as well as an upcoming movie with Prithviraj scheduled to go on floors next year. The latter will have Sreenivasan scripting and will be extensively shot in Sri Lanka.

priyadarshan: Priyadarshan’s next in M-Town to be a sports film - Times of India

Ore Mukham Set To Hit The Theatres Soon...!

Well, the past few weeks were all about the superstars of Mollywood, with their films ruling the roost. Mohanlal's Pulimurugan and Mammootty's Thoppil Joppan were the big releases of the season, with the former winning the race.
Now, the time has come for some movies of youngsters to hit the marquee. The coming week would witness the release of Aanandam, produced by Vineeth Sreenivasan and directed by Ganesh Raj.

Next in the pipeline is the film Ore Mukham, which is again a campus based flick. The film directed by Sajith Jagadnandan has Dhyan Sreenivasan, Aju Varghese, Gayathri Suresh, Abhirami, Jewel Mary, Chemban Vinod Jose, Prayaga Martin etc. In main roles.

According to the reports, the film would hit the theatres on Novemeber 4, 2016. Ore Mukham, is said to be in the lines of a campus thriller with an emotional content.

Reportedly, the story of the film is set in the capus of the 1980's. Major portions of the film were shot in Kerala Varma College in Thrissur. Dhyan Sreenivasan would be seen playing the lead character named Zachariah in this film. The actor has undergone an image makeover for Ore Mukham and has sported a thick beard.

Ore Mukham Set To Hit The Theatres Soon! - Filmibeat

Biju Menon's next titled Rakshadikari Baiju...

Biju Menon is keeping himself busy this year. with a host of projects from Anuraga Karikkin Vellam to Swarnakaduva. His latest movie will be helmed by scriptwriter-turned-filmmaker Ranjan Pramod and is reportedly titled Rakshadikari Baiju.
The actor had earlier told us, "I play a rustic character who is employed in the irrigation department. Every day he travels to the city from the village for work and returns in the evening to be with his friends and family."
On choosing another rustic role, Biju Menon said, "It's a got an entertaining story that depicts the delightful lives of people in villages, and how that changes with urbanisation. My character too experiences a whirlwind of emotions throughout the movie, which I found interesting."

Biju Menon's next titled Rakshadikari Baiju - Times of India

Dulquer Salmaan is elated to receive the State Award!

Actor Dulquer Salmaan recently received the State Award for the best actor for his performance in the film Charlie. He was over the moon after the award ceremony and posted, "Yesterday was an unforgettable night. Probably the biggest and most special award of my life. Growing up seeing the many awards and certificates all over my house made them seem as distant as the stars in the sky.
A height that i probably would never reach. Many years later on a warm full moon night, a golden star fell from the sky. Into my hands. When the honourable Chief Minister awarded me the Kerala State Award for Best Actor.
Thank you to all the viewers, the jury, and my wonderful team that gave me the epic film that was #Charlie ! My love to you all (sic)."

Dulquer Salmaan movies: Dulquer Salmaan is elated to receive the State Award! - Times of India

Dileep to team up with Kavya, Namitha next year...

Dileep is coming up with a mega project next year that will have Kavya Madhavan, Namitha Pramod and will be directed by Nadirshah. Before you jump to conclusions, let's clarify that it is not a movie but a stage show.
Dileep posted on his social networking page a poster of the show along with: "Mega Event @USA & Canada On 2017 April 28th to May 30th." The show will also have Ramesh Pisharody, Dharmarajan and Rimi Tomy as part of the team.
Meanwhile, Dileep is currently filming Georgettan's Pooram, which is being directed Dr Love fame Biju Arookutty. The movie has Rajisha as the female lead.

usa stage show: Dileep to team up with Kavya, Namitha next year - Times of India

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock