MULTI LNB SETUP

"srinivas33 :- Confirm that you are aligned to Insat 4A check whether you got all transponders"

"giri photog :- riteish brother,
both lnb you placed in wrong position you just note the pictures posted by dr.30ma. note where the naming of lnb facing and check where your naming of lnb facing. this a major factor in tuning. insat 4a is easy to get so try once again vertical and horizontal tuning. don't be confused do the job with patience. remember no shortcuts in satellite tuning only patience is the companion of success. srinivas and dr30 ma explained well. plz post the result too".

as per both of your suggestion today i retuned my existing insat-4a setup and as giri photog wrote that my lnb skew was wrong so i correct it and result is signal quality of 3976/H/3200 Z news uttarkhand channel increased drastically up to100%, after adjusting skew as per instruction and then i realigned dish in all way horizontally and vertical position and again checked skew. most of transpoder signal quality is above70% with few of following missing-

1) 4134/H/11888 --quality23% but here only one channel receiving Sandesh news but i have checked on lyngsat website on this transpoder there are 6channel - 1)Shakti TV 2)Lord Buddha TV 3)Prime News 4)Darshan 24 5)Voice of Nation 6)Soham TV and these are missing.

2)3874/H/3650 no signal

3)3841/H/6920 weak signal only Otv receiving & Alankar tv not receiving.

4)4096/H/2170 weak singnal bangla channel.

and here is retuned skew ss, pic taken from exactly from front side of the dish.
691et4.jpg

Dishpointer.com gives you a skew angle for your location, skew angle depends on your position, here dr30ma is at Rajastan i think. So check your skew angle in that website and try it on your LNB by standing back of your dish(if you keep mouse pointer on the skew in dishpointer.com, it will show you how to do skew setting.)

For adjusting the skew first you should know what is the 0 degree of LNB? some LNB has marking 30-0-30, some brands will not have any markings. For this i found a document to know how to find this, it also has how to adjust for F/D markings on it.

Also find what is your dish F/D ratio, it will be in the manual of dish i think.

Here is the link: C Band LNB Guide

just turn the scalar ring (effect of adjusting the focus distance ) by keeping the skew angle constant. try for missing transponder by adjusting the vertical horizontal alignment and observe where it is getting. make small adjustment with current lnb to get all transponder.

when i was in maharashra i tuned my dish twice and both case the lnb skew was same as dr ma's skew..... and i do remember the same skew i used in chennai too ......but you check your self to study. if you have time you can visit to adjacent cable tv operators dish arrangement and observe the focus distance skew angle vertical alignment....etc

" giri photog :- just turn the scalar ring (effect of adjusting the focus distance ) by keeping the skew angle constant. try for missing transponder by adjusting the vertical horizontal alignment and observe where it is getting. make small adjustment with current lnb to get all transponder"

giri photog said:
when i was in maharashra i tuned my dish twice and both case the lnb skew was same as dr ma's skew..... and i do remember the same skew i used in chennai too ......but you check your self to study. if you have time you can visit to adjacent cable tv operators dish arrangement and observe the focus distance skew angle vertical alignment....etc

will try it tomarrow & update the same.

some times in some cases the focus will not happen at the center point of focus because of the alignment issue vertical and horizontal. you forget the angle you got now and dont try to align beside of this angle just start from zero and align again

Today when I trying to realign my dish to Insat-4a in order to adjust skew in correct position, some strange thing happened! Initially I get 100% signal quality to 3976/H/3200 and most of the transpoder are above 70% but after that picture freezes for very short say fraction of second and signal level 45% to 90% and quality 5% to 70% fluctuate continuosly of all transpoder. Then I thought skew was wrong then I set it back to my previous position but the same problem again & again I tired whole day. But till problem is not solved then at night I checked all cable connectorisation etc, all are well & good working with dd direct plus. Then I changed my diseqc port, connected without dieseqc switch all are same! so what I was doing wrong Please reply.

[/b][/i]
srinivas33 said:
Do you still have this problem?

Use other C band LNB you have, and check the signal.

thanks srinivas33 for replying, actually i already checked that but unable to prevent fluctuation. today i have found one thing i.e. this fluctuation occure mostly on following channel mi marathi-4091, live india-4087, z 24 tass-4161, so we can say the fluction occure those channel whose tp freq above 4xxx. and for that then i retuned lnb to get maximum signal quality for these transpoder but still could not resolve it?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock