My New Dish TruHD+ Connection

harsh_hk said:
i have a 4gb pendrive inserted into the STB. It shows 3.7 gb capacity with 2.7 gb available, but i have not recorded anything. Help:huh

I also have 4 GB pendrive inserted. It shows 2.7 available because 1 GB is kept aside for time Shift feature.....

iS THAT ME said:
Guys, listen, what happens is that your stb puts certain sectors in the HDD thats unreadable by PC. Those are bad sectors. Run a CHKDSK on the disk you might be lucky.
If that doesnt work, try defragmenting the HDD..

There is absolutely nothing that a PC cant open. There is always a way around :)

That does NOT work because Windows does not allow you to defrag or run CHKDSK on the drive & asks you to format it.I have tried to defrag the drive but in Windows 7 Defrag drives list , this drive was not present until you format it.

If none of us could access the drive then i would assume it is not possible to get the drive accessed in Windows but since Vinay is doing it , there must be an workaround. ;)

iS THAT ME said:
Yup...did u try an external defrag utility ? Like TuneUp ?

Sent via Tapatalk

No i have tried the Windows 7 built in app only.Will give TuneUp a go & will update the thread. :)

Just a question to you , have you been able to do it yourself ? Did it work for you ?

@sushruta : No. I am not a Dish customer. Would have tried if i had one. A bit of tech savy here.
I have been able to open tons of encrypted data n drives, which have far better security than dishtv. So my point is its not uncrackable...
Will try to get my hands on one n check out !

Sent via Tapatalk

Vinay said:
96x5p.jpg

how can anybody play recordings on PC. They mentioned in FAQ that it not support any other external devices. If it is then its very nice thing by them to transffer contents to pc to cd. :)

Really we can TRF it to PC?

Thanks.

No i think Vinay was the only one who were able to do this.None of us other than him have been able to make the drive recognizable in Windows.In fact everytime the drive is inserted in Windows , it asks to format the drive before we can even open the drive. :(

sushruta said:
No i think Vinay was the only one who were able to do this.None of us other than him have been able to make the drive recognizable in Windows.In fact everytime the drive is inserted in Windows , it asks to format the drive before we can even open the drive. :(

i also faced the same problem..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock