My New Dish TruHD+ Connection

Cool to know so many people knows my language here.Jio DDF. :)

Back to topic , I found an old 60GB Toshiba external drive laying on my bookshelf.So, put it to good use as my DVR drive. :)

Anyone knows what is the video format the DVR records the video on the USB drive ? I know we can't access the drive on the PC but i want to know if it records in a compressed method like DivX/MP4 so that i can record as much as i can onto the 60GB drive. :)

sushruta said:
Anyone knows what is the video format the DVR records the video on the USB drive ? I know we can't access the drive on the PC but i want to know if it records in a compressed method like DivX/MP4 so that i can record as much as i can onto the 60GB drive. :)

The DVR records in MPEG2 format with ".ts" file extension or MPEG4 format with ".mp4" file extension. I often open and edit the files in Video Editing software.

I am able to play the recorded files on a computer in Windows Media Player, VLC player. Also my DVD Player and LG LED TV play it too.

96x5p.jpg

ohrBx.jpg

@vinay : I also agree with ahmarshad, it asks for format.. how are you doing it?? @Vinay :huh

Exactly.That's why i said you can't open these files on PC.Because it says you need to format the drive when connected to a PC.

I also am very much eager to know how Vinay is able to make the drive recognize in Windows/PC. .

waiting for Vinay's reply.. :huh Hope there is an alternative as vinay has told ... :huh

I have the filesystem on USB drives set as FAT32. Many USB devices have NTFS filesystem by default. That may be the reason. Are you all able to view the files or folders created by DVR on USB disk in Windows Explorer?

Maybe the set-top box firmware has its own proprietary file system type. :(

when ever the pen drive is inserted it asks to format we cant open the pen drive unless we format it.........!! you are so lucky that you can open it :p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock