My New Dish TruHD+ Connection

@Vinay, i also have file system in my USB pen drive as FAT32, but that doesn't matter, because in case of dish tru hd+ the STB formats the pen drive after inserting it into USB slot. And after ejecting it out from stb it becomes unrecognized in Windows explorer.

Though i use NTFS file system only but that does not matter at all because as Biswa & Ahmarshad say , the STB formats the drive to it's own recognizable format everytime you insert it & then it becomes unrecognizable in Windows.

I don't know what is the trick or magic happens in your case Vinay.Are you using Windows 7 too or XP/Vista ?

If it could be recognized in Windows like you , we could all record programs on the drive on STB & then burn those onto blank DVDs/Blu Rays on computer & make the drive empty & start recording programs again on the STB so that we could use a fresh drive everytime. :(

sushruta said:
I don't know what is the trick or magic happens in your case Vinay.Are you using Windows 7 too or XP/Vista ?

Yes I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

Vinay said:
Yes I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

I am using Windows 7 X64.Is that a reason maybe ?

@ Ahmar & Biswajit :- You guys are using 32 bit or 64 bit of Windows ?

before i was using 32 bit ultimate it asked to format then also. i recently upgraded to 64 bit it is not working now also......

What is the trick/workaround then ? I think i will try installing Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit on one of my laptops just to see if it works like Vinay.Otherwise i'm out of idea now. :(

Guys, listen, what happens is that your stb puts certain sectors in the HDD thats unreadable by PC. Those are bad sectors. Run a CHKDSK on the disk you might be lucky.
If that doesnt work, try defragmenting the HDD..

There is absolutely nothing that a PC cant open. There is always a way around :)

But won't that lead to piracy again!
Dishtv had made data encryption to protect copyrighted data , isn't it?
so how can it be playable?

i have a 4gb pendrive inserted into the STB. It shows 3.7 gb capacity with 2.7 gb available, but i have not recorded anything. Help:huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock