My New Dish TruHD+ Connection

sushruta

Reaction score
Just got a new TV for myself & applied for the Dish TruHD+ connection.I ordered the STB online today at 2 PM & at 5PM the installers are here at my home & it's up & running in the same day.That is some fast service. :)

Quality is excellent specially for someone like me who came from an analogue cable connection. :)

The TV ( Samsung UA32D5000 costed 32000/- ) i have personally bought & shipped from US.In India it costs 42-45K.

The TV also got delivered today & i decided i won't be able to cope up with the bad picture quality anymore from my cable provider on my new TV.

Ordered the STB & it's up & running within 4 hours.Cool. :)

I got the Royal HD pack free for first month.And i got the new remote by default as well.The DVR is said to be activated today itself.

Though i won't be able to get some of the true HD channels like the Star HD channels & the ESPN HD , i think i will still be able to live with it.

Just thought about sharing because this is the best DTH forum in the India at the moment & i think I will be able to learn & share myself better here. :)

I was viewing the HD channels list thread by Biswajit.Just a small enquery to Biswa & for others as well , how do you know which upscaled channels are being removed by DishTV sometimes ?

2zxuidu.jpg

GLAD To see another HAPPY DISHTUHD Customer. Thanks for sharing your first experience bro. :)

Thanks guys.One question :- My STB box only says Dish truHD.It does not say it's the " Plus " version anywhere though i was said by the customer support that i will get the TruHD+ only.The box also does not show any recording features of the unit like i saw here on another thread for the Plus version.I paid 2290/- for the STB even though the box says 2000/- inclusive of taxes.Plus there were 521/- installation charges & cable cost for 37 meters.

I am posting two pictures of my Box & the remote it came with.Can you tell me for sure if i have received the TruHD or the TruHD+ set.

Please reply.Thank You. :)

24whbo4.jpg

The Tinypic plugin is just so much helpful btw. :)

sushruta said:
Please see my post above yours & reply.Thanks. :)

Sushruta, the remote is the new one with PVR functions like Record, Play, Rewind, Fast Forward etc. The set-top box packaging box looks like one from an old stock and not the recent released DishTruHD+ recorder one (Check box manufacture/import date on the pack).

Just browse through the set-top box menu to see for USB drive options.
Plug in a pen drive or external USB hard drive into the USB port on the set-top box and try recording some video. This will confirm if the PVR works fine.

Vinay said:
Sushruta, the remote is the new one with PVR functions like Record, Play, Rewind, Fast Forward etc. The set-top box packaging box looks like one from an old stock and not the recent released DishTruHD+ recorder one (Check box manufacture/import date on the pack).

Just browse through the set-top box menu to see for USB drive options.
Plug in a pen drive or external USB hard drive into the USB port on the set-top box and try recording some video. This will confirm if the PVR works fine.

I can see there is a menu called " DVR " in the STB menu but when i tried to record , i got a " PVR is not authorized on this box " .

I am posting two pictures.Please see if you can find anything from this.Thank You.

3462mfn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock