• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 17,877

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Tata Sky has now started offering new look mpeg4 standard stb which has replaced the old mpeg2 stb,tata sky will surely start mpeg4 transmission from august

RexaS.png

credits to dino.

first of all to start mpeg4 transmission tatasky have to replace all mpeg2 stb of old customer.is this a costly process or not????how it is possible.If possible than can tatasky give two signals mpeg2 and mpeg 4 signal simultaneously.This box is not a new box.I have seen it before two years.so close this thread.

I have being seeing these boxes for the past two years for all new subscribers,i think they do plan start MPEG4 transmission once all subscriber boxes are converted to MPEG4.Till the time they don't announce a roll back of all old MPEG2 boxes we can not comment on when they will go MPEG4.If Dino having any information about any type of planned roll back he may share here.

Admin quoted,
Tata Sky has now started offering new look mpeg4 standard stb which has replaced the old mpeg2 stb,tata sky will surely start mpeg4 transmission from august

August ?

the plan is to shift max customers to mpeg4 boxes and those who r not willing to change, company will sacrifice and cease to service those customers and start building fresh customer base, whatever b the case the truth is that tata sky has formulated a strategy and they have decided that mpeg2 technology cannot take them forward, they will retain customers who have mpeg4 boxes or who accept mpeg4 boxes in exchange and will star building more customer base thereafter, those who say that they don't want mpeg4 stb(although i am sure they will b in minute percentage) will have no option but to stop receiving tata sky services

well they believe investing in mpeg4 is more beneficial long term than staying on mpeg2 and investing double money on leasing transponders which are also tough to get as there is shortage, now u must have understood why they want to leavr mpeg2 . they are leaving mpeg2 for same reason bcoz if they don't leave in long term they will loose heavy chunk of customers as they won't b able to add new sd and hd channels as tp space will exhaust and getting new tp is impossible in indian dth segement considering the shortage. mpeg4 is the only forward thinking soilution if they wanna sustain and thats why they have taken this decision

Amarjeet said:
first of all to start mpeg4 transmission tatasky have to replace all mpeg2 stb of old customer.is this a costly process or not????how it is possible.If possible than can tatasky give two signals mpeg2 and mpeg 4 signal simultaneously.This box is not a new box.I have seen it before two years.so close this thread.

Thread closed now....:c

Thread open for dissussion. Request to all member, please post ontopic only and no personal comments. :c

Now time is come up to move on mpeg4. Also i got same info that process has been started in last week. Please check your sources.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock