No. of HD Channels in Max HD

Jithin91

Contributor
Reaction score
My Asianet Digital Cable's Annual Subscription is  getting over next month and was searching for a Suitable DTH Connection to switch-over.

My Initial Selection was TATA Sky vs Videocon D2H. Both provides good services, but both of then are too costly. Comparing to TATA, D2H is cheaper but lately i came across many complaints on them. Also heard that Videocon & Dish tv are going to merge, so can't tell about the future of D2H.

Lately i came across Airtel Digital TV Packages. What i found best on Airtel is there is no so called "HD Access" fees. And we have a various no.of packages to select. HD ADD on packs are worth every penny.

I selected a Pack "My Sports Max HD" which costs 5011 Annually. 5011/12 = 417/month 
(My Sports Max HD = My Sports + 2 Free Regional Packs + MAX HD) Am from Kerala so the Max HD Pack will be Max HD Kerala.

Is anybody here using this pack or Max HD Pack.. If yes how many HD Channels is available in Max HD Add-On. Airtel website says 39 HD Channels. Don't know when its updated last. So somebody here can please help me on this regard. And how is My Sports Pack..

All your suggestions are most welcome.. If you can suggest me another pack on Airtel or any other providers are also most welcomed.

Bro any preference on sd channels :huh or you need max :hd channels also please mention genre of the channels you will watch mostly then our bros can clearly suggest you

amarnathkvk said:
Bro any preference on sd channels :huh or you need max :hd channels also please mention genre of the channels you will watch mostly then our bros can clearly suggest you

I select Max HD because the genre am interested is Sports + Hindi + English & my regional HD channels Asianet & Mazhavil
I thought of Diamond HD but it doesn't give English HD Channels. So i selected Max HD.

Preference for SD channels is same as above + Regional channels. Again there my first option was South Max. But regional add-on is not free in it. So when i opt for My Sports where i get 2 additional regional packs for free.

Can you help me with the no of HD Channels available in Max HD add-on and what are the channels available.

sure bro wait our Airtel bro's(@sai,@shawl, @op, @jagan ) will definetly help you

Hi jitin bro , Abt d2h and dish tv merging not yet confirm bro speculation are going on but not sure yet .. And d2h h/w and s/w are worst bro as per my experience .. Yes tatasky and d2h are having hd acess fee policy so your not comfortable with that go for airtel .. Max hd having 43 hd channels (as per my knowledge) unable to confirm coz i am adtv sd user .. But 99% sure abt 43 hd channels .. My sports pack is gud bro if you want sd sports channels means :) ..

Bro if u wanna Go for annual pack then go for the pack u have chosen.
My Sports Max HD kerala pack.
But if you go for monthly then go for My sports + My HD pack.
Here my HD pack is
Any 4 HD cost is Rs.80 +10 fee
Any 10 HD is Rs.130 +10 fee
Any 22 HD cost is 180 +10 fee
Any 51 HD cost is 225 +10 fee
-Initial charge will be Rs.10/- and pack cost will be on DBR (Daily) basis.
-Rs.10 will be refunded after 24-48 hrs
so if you choose 51 HD you will get ur desired HD channels and price will be 225/- per month for HD channel.

in 51hd channel u can choose all the HD channel which Max HD can't provide like mn2 hd, hbo hd, leplex hd.

-Max HD has 43 but Max HD Kerala has only 40 HD channels.
(Max HD Kerala has Asianet and Mazhavil but missing other regional HDs)
-If you take myPACK HD add-on you can get 51 HD channels for Rs.225
-Note HBO HD, MN2 HD and LePlex HD has not been added in in Max HD pack yet.
-If you activated today (last day) Infinity pack can give you all sd and HD channels at similar price(Rs.5500.
-There are multiple versions of packs on the website with slight different prices.
-New channels are added very slowly in Max HD topups.

I don't think now there is need of Max HD pack. Because with any base pack, you can opt for Hd My Pack. In this you will get 51 HD channels @Rs. 225 per month.
And also iphifi bro, i don't think infinity is available for new subscribers. Eventually, the infinity getting closed tonight.
I won't suggest you to go for annual ARP with Max HD. Get annual SD ARP pack and then opt for HD My Pack. It will be better option, imo..

Sai Laxman said:
Hi jitin bro , Abt d2h and dish tv merging not yet confirm bro speculation are going on but not sure yet .. And d2h h/w and s/w are worst bro as per my experience .. Yes tatasky and d2h are having hd acess fee policy so your not comfortable with that go for airtel .. Max hd having 43 hd channels (as per my knowledge) unable to confirm coz i am adtv sd user .. But 99% sure abt 43 hd channels .. My sports pack is gud bro if you want sd sports channels means :) ..

No bro.. merging is confirmed. They are waiting for the permissions from govt.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Optimus_Prime said:
Bro if u wanna Go for annual pack then go for the pack u have chosen.
My Sports Max HD kerala pack.  
But if you go for monthly then go for My sports + My HD pack.
Here my HD pack is
Any 4 HD cost is Rs.80 +10 fee
Any 10 HD is Rs.130 +10 fee
Any 22 HD cost is 180 +10 fee
Any 51 HD cost is 225 +10 fee
-Initial charge will be Rs.10/- and pack cost will be on DBR (Daily) basis.
-Rs.10 will be refunded after 24-48 hrs
so if you choose 51 HD you will get ur desired HD channels and price will be 225/- per month for HD channel.

in 51hd channel u can choose all the HD channel which Max HD can't provide like mn2 hd, hbo hd, leplex hd.

Looks like My HD Pack is just awesome.. No were i find a single information abt this. Even in Airtel website also. Can you please give the link..
And why you said if only i prefer monthly go for My HD pack. Is it not available for annual subscription

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock