Discussion On which channels are you watching IPL this year?

Which channels did you subscribe to enjoy IPL this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So on the back of this post, I took the Star Sports Select today and liked it. Whether it was for the change from the same set of people of Star Sports 1, I don't know but I enjoyed the Select today. Thanks for this post.

This is why I use this forum. To get inputs which otherwise there's no way of getting them in my case.
Does the SS Select 1 HD channel have pre-game and post-game talk shows?

So after watching 2 days of Star Sports Select, the advantages of it over Star Sports 1 for me are -
1. No trumpet sound. I usually have decent tolerance levels but that sound has gotten very annoying and worsened over the years
2. No fake crowd sounds. I wasn't liking it and there are no such sounds on Star Sports Select
3. Brian Lara and Sanjay Bangar are really good

What I miss from Star Sports -
1. Mid-match and Post-match interview of the players
2. Some commentators like Ian Bishop, KP and Sangakkara who I like very much

I wonder if Rahul Dravid and Virender Sehwag are interested in doing English commentary. If they are, it would be super amazing to have them.

Dugout is much better than English commentary. Both Gavaskars ruins the matches for me. Sanju Manju is gone. They need to go for good in the next season.
for same reason, i switched to SS Select 1HD, especially Rohan, he is so much irritating

Some more nice things I noticed in Start Sports Select -

1. No in-screen advertisements. In Start Sports they keep showing them on the left side and at the bottom of the screen. In Star Sports Select its only the cricket screen all the time.

2. Today they showed it without any ad breaks continuously for the last 4 overs. Don't know if its that way everyday.

3. No ads during the time-out.

Some more nice things I noticed in Start Sports Select -

1. No in-screen advertisements. In Start Sports they keep showing them on the left side and at the bottom of the screen. In Star Sports Select its only the cricket screen all the time.

2. Today they showed it without any ad breaks continuously for the last 4 overs. Don't know if its that way everyday.

3. No ads during the time-out.
Bro the 2 Point has been going for few days now.Maybe Star Sports is testing for some days.There are some ads during the Time-Out.Another best part is Wicket Alert,Big Over Alert and the in Match Analysis regarding the wicket taken ,probable field placements for next overs,Reply to the Tweets etc is very exciting and engaging.The Dugout Feed is recommend for future cricketers.

Last edited:
Another best part is Wicket Alert,Big Over Alert.........Reply to the Tweets etc is very exciting and engaging.
Thats just a game and fun they are having amongst themselves. Makes no difference for me but i'm sure a lot of people are enjoying it.

and the in Match Analysis regarding the wicket taken ,probable field placements for next overs
This again I quite like which is all cricket as opposed to pre and post analysis.

Star Sports Select is so much better than Star Sports! If only more Indian commentators were present like Dravid, Sehwag, Gambhir, Irfan Pathan, Venkatesh Prasad. Or maybe even Sachin Tendulkar for some guest commentary because the studio is in Mumbai. Anyway, thankful to BCCI for not having Sanjay Manjrekar and Ravi Shastri.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock