Picture quality issue in xstream box

9mpPmIZ.jpg

No! You Might Have Made A Mess Up I Must Say

Tell Them Clearly Its Happening Only When I Play HDR Contents On OTT Apps!

Rest All Working Fine!
And they need proof, asking for screenshot and 50 seconds sample video,
I don't know how I'm gonna get that 😅

And they need proof, asking for screenshot and 50 seconds sample video,
I don't know how I'm gonna get that 😅
Do increase color to high ,then take a video . Also take screen shot of it ..done...i too did the same

All said and done let us take fact check..

The xstream box is supposed to provide the following
4k hdr on available content on prime,netflix and hotstar(togo movie)
Dolby atmos on netflix with hdr
I have xstream box connected to onkyo 676e AVR (dolby atmos 5.1.2 speakers) which is connected to Mitv 4x pro 55
I have updated to latest firmware and i have the following issues
1. If the xstream box gets powered on before avr/tv then only hd picture and no surround. No uhd hdr... Atmos on netflix stutters. Audio volume in hd channels very low. Picture in SD channelsis oversaturated with high red color and unwatchable
2. After tv and avr full power on.. Now have to reboot the xstream box. Now good pic quality in hd channels. SD channels still garbage. Getting 4K UHD HDR in netflix, hotstar etc. Excellent dolby digital plus in hd channels(star movies hd). Atmos on netflix working smoothly.
But all content irrespective of source sent to avr as dd+ fooling the avr to play it as DD+,but sound from only LR speakers. (except dd+,dd, atmos on dd+content).

Also now manual audio mode disabled.

It needs minimum Rs.150 recharge for commencing service back. If balance less than 100 and/or number of days left less than 7 days then bix starts behacing erratically. Frequent setting ur screen message by airtel xstream app.

Pic mode in auto is 4k @50 hz with yCrBr ar 4.2.2 .we do not getthe picture quality in 4.4.4 full hdr mode.

Going to android settings is the longest route a tech savvy company can think of. Frequently the installed app take their own sweet time to appear.
Prime still does not give dolby audio(mi box 4k, act stream bix on android 9 play prime with dolby 5.1,so issue not with android but with xstream box).
Though earlier audio manual mode listed dts hd and truehd audio options, the box can do only dd+ and dts 5.1

It has been a glorious waste of time and effort to understand these issues and try to escalate to airtel CC.

I dony think this box can solve the issue ever. Airtel may dump us off the road as they r content with "I also have a streaming box" mode than " i have the best streaming box

Prime still does not give dolby audio(mi box 4k, act stream bix on android 9 play prime with dolby 5.1,so issue not with android but with xstream box).
Are you using MI Box 4K or ACT Stream box? I was actually looking for someone to confirm this.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock