Planning to switch to Airtel from D2h

Red Devil

Reaction score
Hey folks

Needs clarification on a few things.

Planning to buy Airtel Mega HD with new connection, cost is listed as 5450 for a year. Now if I buy this now and the rate increase after say 7 days, do I still get one full year or it will be adjusted accordingly.

Secondly I am planning to get a Multi room connection too, now would I get all the HD Channels on that as well or will those HD channels on my first connection be considered Add-On?

I can't find Mega HD pack details anywhere on the Airtel side and the dealer in my place is not very smart to say the least, hence I need your help.

Thanks

I am using airtel HD since 3 years.. no problems at all.
PQ is very good and AQ too.

Only one thing that bothers me is that they offer only 19 HD channels and they are very slow adding in HD channels.
At this point i would suggest you to go with Tata Sky HD. TS offering 25 HD channels and they always experiment something new.

So my vote goes to Tatasky :) all the best choose wisely.

Re: RE: Planning to switch to Airtel from D2h

shrey7 said:
I am using airtel HD since 3 years.. no problems at all.
PQ is very good and AQ too.

Only one thing that bothers me is that they offer only 19 HD channels and they are very slow adding in HD channels.
At this point i would suggest you to go with Tata Sky HD. TS offering 25 HD channels and they always experiment something new.

So my vote goes to Tatasky :) all the best choose wisely.

I only watch sports HD and need Music HD for my kid which Airtel have, so Airtel is fine for me.

Some of the HD channels on D2h are of no use to me like the south channels, travel HD etc. What are the HD channels available on TS but not on Airtel? Any major Hindi or English channel?

Red Devil said:
I only watch sports HD and need Music HD for my kid which Airtel have, so Airtel is fine for me.

Some of the HD channels on D2h are of no use to me like the south channels, travel HD etc. What are the HD channels available on TS but not on Airtel? Any major Hindi or English channel?

The HD Channels Which Airtel Digital TV Not Have And Tata Sky Have :-

1. HBO Hits = English Movies Channel
  2. HBO Define = English Movies Channel
  3. CNBC TV18 Prime HD = HD Buniness News Channel
  4. Sun TV HD = Tamil HD Channel
  5. Gemini TV HD = Telugu HD Channel
  6. Star Sports Premium Service HD = Premium Sports Channel
  7. Life OK HD = Hindi GEC Entertainment Channel

The HD Channels Which Tata Sky Not Have And Airtel Digital TV Have :-

1. History TV 18 HD

Rushil.D said:
The HD Channels Which Airtel Digital TV Not Have And Tata Sky Have :-

1. HBO Hits = English Movies Channel
  2. HBO Define = English Movies Channel
  3. CNBC TV18 Prime HD = HD Buniness News Channel
  4. Sun TV HD +Tamil HD Channel
  5. Gemini TV HD = Telugu HD Channel
  6. Star Sports Premium Service HD = Premium Sports Channel
  7. Life OK HD = Hindi GEC Entertainment Channel

The HD Channels Which Tata Sky Not Have And Airtel Digital TV Have :-

1. History TV 18 HD

Thanks mate.

Can you answer my queries of the first post too please.

- Re. Mega HD pack, I can only see that on advance rental so if I recharge my main connection with it will I get all HD channels on my multi room connection as well or those HD channels on main connection will be considered as Add on?

- Do Airtel provide price protection? Means if I recharge for one year will I get whole one year irrespective of increase in price or will my pack be updated accordingly.

Thanks

Red Devil said:
Thanks mate.

Can you answer my queries of the first post too please.

- Re. Mega HD pack, I can only see that on advance rental so if I recharge my main connection with it will I get all HD channels on my multi room connection as well or those HD channels on main connection will be considered as Add on?

- Do Airtel provide price protection? Means if I recharge for one year will I get whole one year irrespective of increase in price or will my pack be updated accordingly.

Thanks

Bro I Am Not a ADTV User As Of Now I Am Tata Sky User So I Can Help You Only In Tata Sky In Packages and About Price Protection

:k

Rushil.D said:
Bro I Am Not a ADTV User As Of Now I Am Tata Sky User So I Can Help You Only In Tata Sky In Packages and About Price Protection

:k

Ok mate, thanks.

Hopefully someone on Airtel HD+ will help me soon, as I need to decide in the next 24 to 48 hours max.

Planning to buy Airtel Mega HD with new connection, cost is listed as 5450 for a year. Now if I buy this now and the rate increase after say 7 days, do I still get one full year or it will be adjusted accordingly.

Airtel never change the pack.means if you buy a Mega Mar 2014 pack it will not changed for that full year.For that they are introducing new pack with name Maga Jun 2014 and you may miss the new channels added on that pack.otherwise no worry about price hike.

Secondly I am planning to get a Multi room connection too, now would I get all the HD Channels on that as well or will those HD channels on my first connection be considered Add-On?

you will get all channels from that primary connection.

I can't find Mega HD pack details anywhere on the Airtel side and the dealer in my place is not very smart to say the least, hence I need your help.

• One Set-Top-Box per television
• One common dish for multiple TV connections
• Free Installation for all connections
• Attractive Monthly rental - SD @ Rs.200/month, HD @ Rs.225/month

To avail the offer

• sms MULTI to 54325 and our representatives will call you back
• call 1860 500 6500 (local call rate apply) or call 12148 (toll free from airtel mobile)

terms & conditions

• Monthly rental and entry prices are inclusive of taxes.
Top Ups for each connection to be charged separately as per standard rates.
• No. of channels and prices are subject to change without prior notice.(this is common by all dth so no worry)
• 10 metre installation wire free for SD and HD boxes. Two wires of 10 metre for HDDVR. Rs12/m shall be charged for any additional wire.

I used past 5 years. no problem with ADTV. go ahead .

Good picture & sound quality.
Good hard ware & software
Good CC for me satisfied.
Good Package & also advance rental then monthly recharge offer. ie,510+40 =550.

I have used HD DVR .

I have been using Airtel from last 3 years. Earlier I used SD DVR n exchanged it to HD DVR in October last year..
I have been satisfied with the services .... the only channel I am missing is 9X0..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock