Seeking Help Plz help me to choose between Mi box & Tatasky binge+

In my experience there are always going to be some terms and conditions if the devices are procured from iSPs or DTH providers. For example. ACT 4K box provided by ACT Fibernet has a silent terms and condition wherein you have to subscribe to broadband plans of more than 1000 for the box to work, also it doesnt work on any other network. Its good that Binge subscription is optional now but Whats stopping Tatasky from introducing similar T&Cs later? What if someone decides to do away with TataSKy DTH subscription? The investment on box is down the drain anyways.

Its always better to get such devices from independent providers like Fire TV, Mi Box etc

Airtel's Xstreme Stick doesn't require Airtel subscription. Firestick doesn't require Amazon Prime subscription. Talking about ACT fiber. Broadband subscription is required as the Act 4K comes for free with subscription.

S me.also.booked.d2h stream box after lock down complete I will use..
Pack price also compare tata sky d2h.liitle bit low my choice d2h is best

The comparison isn't 100 percent right. The decision depends on your requirement. If you are looking for a hybrid box where you can consume content from DTH and OTT in a seem less manner, you should go with Binge Plus or Xstream or Stream. But if your requirement is just OTT and an external drive access with the ability to connect home theater, you are better off with the MI Box. Do remember that the hybrid STBs are the property of the respective companies, for instance TS binge plus STB will always belong to TS and they can modify the terms and conditions to access content anytime as per their liking whereas the devices like MI Box are owned by you with no strings attached. Choose wisely.

Care to elaborate one.
1.Xstream box doesn't have in Prime 5.1 sound
2. Binge+ doesn't have Netflix app
3. mainly these hybrid(DTH and Act) boxes doesnt have Dolby true HD, DTS HD and DTS:X which are required for Kodi.
4. Not all the android apps are not visible in play store.
But in Mi box you will get all these. This is my analysys.

1.Xstream box doesn't have in Prime 5.1 sound
2. Binge+ doesn't have Netflix app
3. mainly these hybrid(DTH and Act) boxes doesnt have Dolby true HD, DTS HD and DTS:X which are required for Kodi.
4. Not all the android apps are not visible in play store.
But in Mi box you will get all these. This is my analysys.
1. Hybrid boxes can have Dolby 5.1.
2. Netflix will be added soon. It takes some time. Earlier it wasn't available on many devices. It slowly comes for better compability.
3. They do.
4. I agree all apps are not available on Mi Box. That's Xiaomi for you. That's why I discourage from buying Mi Box.

PS I can assure you Tata Sky has no spyware like analysis apps. 😉

The comparison isn't 100 percent right. The decision depends on your requirement. If you are looking for a hybrid box where you can consume content from DTH and OTT in a seem less manner, you should go with Binge Plus or Xstream or Stream. But if your requirement is just OTT and an external drive access with the ability to connect home theater, you are better off with the MI Box. Do remember that the hybrid STBs are the property of the respective companies, for instance TS binge plus STB will always belong to TS and they can modify the terms and conditions to access content anytime as per their liking whereas the devices like MI Box are owned by you with no strings attached. Choose wisely.
That's the wrong assumption. Once you buy the hardware you own it. You are not buying on rental basis. It's not pay per view or services they are selling that they will modify the terms and conditions for you. Only terms and conditions is you will have to pay to have an active connection.

Main intention here is of selling DTH services. Not OTT. DTH/Cable companies don't want customers to give away their connection. Hence, they are selling hybrid devices.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock