Poor picture quality of local channels

UnlimitedBB

Reaction score
Hi all,
I already have a D2h HD connection. Recently I bought a Dish TV Sri Lanka connection mainly for local channels.

However, the picture quality of the channels is very poor. Including the audio.

Dialog TV seems to have better quality than dish TV when it comes to local channels.

Also, it seems that Dish TV is using normal VHF/UHF antenna to downlink the channels and then uplink them to their satellite. This can be observed on some channels such as EYE where we can see the noise and shadowy picture which we see on normal antennas.

Feeling disappointed with Dish TV. They need to improve, if they are to stay on local market.

EDIT 18:20 - 28/08/2015 Screenshot added
7RHTIAy.jpg

Which channels you get in d2h ?? Only indians or both indian as well as srilankan !??

santosha172 said:
Which channels you get in d2h ?? Only indians or both indian as well as srilankan !??

d2h gives only Indian channels : No SL channels :shy

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
d2h gives only Indian channels : No SL channels :shy
But he lives in sri lanka ... so for which indian channels he bought d2h ?? Does he understand indian languages ?? why sl dth operators doesnt provide the required indian channels ??

Rishoban said:
Hi all,
I already have a D2h HD connection. Recently I bought a Dish TV Sri Lanka connection mainly for local channels.

However, the picture quality of the channels is very poor. Including the audio.

Dialog TV seems to have better quality than dish TV when it comes to local channels.

Also, it seems that Dish TV is using normal VHF/UHF antenna to downlink the channels and then uplink them to their satellite. This can be observed on some channels such as EYE where we can see the noise and shadowy picture which we see on normal antennas.

Feeling disappointed with Dish TV. They need to improve, if they are to stay on local market.

thank you for the information, i also planed to buy dishtv lanka for local channels, now i am gonna buy dialog tv with power play package daily rental lkr 12 = 40 channels

santosha172 said:
But he lives in sri lanka ... so for which indian channels he bought d2h ?? Does he understand indian languages ?? why sl dth operators doesnt provide the required indian channels ??

I have a d2h HD with South Platinum HD package for Tamil and English channels. Those languages are not limited to India only, I believe.

We don't get many HD channels for a lower package rent via Sri Lankan DTH providers.

coldsentri said:
thank you for the information, i also planed to buy dishtv lanka for local channels, now i am gonna buy dialog tv with power play package daily rental lkr 12 = 40 channels

Good choice!
I regret my decision now. Appreciate if you could post your experience here once you get the connection.

santosha172 said:

He understand indian channels better than Srilankan channels. ..coz He is Tamil !
Don't tell ur Middle East working indians to take Ooredoo or those local dth providers :no

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock