Poor PQ in SD Channel

If you are not getting good picture quality check the signal strength.

If PQ looks dull adjust sharpness, brightness, colour & mpeg noise reduction settings on your TV.

There are some channels like Zee Classic which has high Compression but others have a very high quality resolution.

Can you upload screenshot of any channel so that I can gauge how bad it is.
I know how to make the screen look better than the default settings and to check for best signal strength.

Anyway, already shifted to D2H a couple of years back and am happy with the quality which is a lot better than TS even though HD channels are lesser.

Want to check ADTV quality, but nobody I know is using it.

Last edited:
I know how to make the screen look better than the default settings and to check for best signal strength.

Anyway, already shifted to D2H a couple of years back and am happy with the quality which is a lot better than TS even though HD channels are lesser.

Want to check ADTV quality, but nobody I know is using it.
I still need to compare the picture quality of all dth operators with my own eyes.

Tatasky star vijay SD channel very poor picture quality, anybody face this issue, picture shadow, see vijay tv SD logo flickering image, sometime good picture, some time shadow image, also picture freezed 1 sec.. anybody face same issue reply me

Tatasky star vijay SD channel very poor picture quality, anybody face this issue, picture shadow, see vijay tv SD logo flickering image, sometime good picture, some time shadow image, also picture freezed 1 sec.. anybody face same issue reply me
Yes I too faced this issue today around 9:30 am

Tata Sky customer care always directly puts blame on broadcasters without checking fault at their end. When I had complained about Sony BBC Earth 2 drop in frame rate, they did same thing but eventually fixed it.

True Tatasky's picture quality is very bad. Recently I switched from cable to Tatasky. The very reason why i switched to DTH is that, in cable we cannot watch during power cuts - though we have UPS at home. Today, I regret for buying tatasky (completely dissatisfied) and I can clearly find the difference in picture quality. Though I have good Sony OLed Tv, PQ looks like old MP4 video. Few of my observations:

- SD Channels PQ is very poor (can clearly observe during fast moving scenes) and HD channels PQ is just better.
- Audio quality is good. I am facing an issue with STB - whenever i switch on the STB, the audio is not coming up, I need to restart the STB to get audio and had already reported this to customer care.
- Channels are shuffled like anything. Movies, Music, General Entertainment channels are jumbled (for eg: if we take tamil regional channels, news channels, music channels, general entertainment channels are jumbled and not in order) which makes us to search for channels every time.
- Very difficult to remember the channel numbers again since channels are not in order
- Letters / scrolls in news channels are dull, blurred, pixelated
- PQ of english channels like HBO, AXN, Star Movies and many Hindi channels are very bad.

When a cable tv MSO (i was using HD STB) able to provide good PQ, premium service provider Tatasky has to first look into this and fix PQ issue as we can see many reporting the same issue.

Yes, Tata SKY SD Picture quality is pathetic.
I have 2 dth connections one is d2h and other is tata sky. D2H SD picture quality is far better than tata sky sd pic. quality. Tata sky need to work on that. Only nice thing abt tata sky is new channel addition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock