Poor PQ in SD Channel

Its off topic but need to just say with new TRAI rules the broadcasters have increased their prices and now its not affordable for HD channels leave SD channels which were costing 19 Rs and after viewers started to look for affordable packages it has taken a hit. When you see channels like Travel XP broadcasting in SD/HD not available for major platforms how you expect for 4K and UHD channels. Again its not a case of demand and supply but the entire broadcasting channels/operators/prices/policies/content needs rethink so that it makes more sense to subscribe them with regards to common viewers and profitable for the broadcasters/operators/consumers/TV manufacturers all included in the entire spectrum.
That's well explained. In short TRAI has applied speed breakers on advancements where as some of the states in USA and UK have aleady started terrestrial 4k broadcast using latest ATSC 3.0 standard.

I recently changed my connection from dishtv to tatasky. But compared to dishtv , tatasky pq is poor. Both SD and hd ,dull picture quality .( Signal quality is also good 70% to 80%). Now I'm regretting my decision. Is there any solution.
Tata sky picture quality is dull then dishtv, oh! Unbelievable

Its off topic but need to just say with new TRAI rules the broadcasters have increased their prices and now its not affordable for HD channels leave SD channels which were costing 19 Rs and after viewers started to look for affordable packages it has taken a hit. When you see channels like Travel XP broadcasting in SD/HD not available for major platforms how you expect for 4K and UHD channels. Again its not a case of demand and supply but the entire broadcasting channels/operators/prices/policies/content needs rethink so that it makes more sense to subscribe them with regards to common viewers and profitable for the broadcasters/operators/consumers/TV manufacturers all included in the entire spectrum.
Give me proof of any increment in channel prices after training tariff order, and I will give you proof of decreasing the price

That's well explained. In short TRAI has applied speed breakers on advancements where as some of the states in USA and UK have aleady started terrestrial 4k broadcast using latest ATSC 3.0 standard.
Trai does not create any speed breaker if read the tariff order deeply, this is itself a speed breakers due to unfair market practices not due to trai
. We need one jio here also in this sector to make you see and feel backend reality of this sector

Tata Sky really doesn't have good picture quality.
Just a lot of hype.

Tata Sky really doesn't have good picture quality.
Just a lot of hype.

If you are not getting good picture quality check the signal strength.

If PQ looks dull adjust sharpness, brightness, colour & mpeg noise reduction settings on your TV.

There are some channels like Zee Classic which has high Compression but others have a very high quality resolution.

Can you upload screenshot of any channel so that I can gauge how bad it is.

Last edited:
No, speed breaker applied by trai

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock