ROI migration

• Thread starter jdrocks
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 1,930

jdrocks

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, now that south channel migration is well on track with just about 20 odd channels remaining across all 4 languages, it looks like just about another 10 days before this phase is completed. Shall we start discussing on the next phase (ROI regional channel and all India channel migration)? Have TS started replacing mpeg2 boxes in ROI in full earnest? Are preparations in place for the start of the next phase?

Yesterday I call and ask for stb replacement for my friends MPEG 2 stb, they said rs500 need to pay.

And reason saying channel changed to MPEG 4 by broadcaster, its not tata sly fault.

They are not entitled to demand Rs500/ because the migration didn't happen at your request.
You will have an option to surrender the existing STB and seek refund of the cost of the old box in case they do not change the box free of cost.

me_saket said:
Yesterday I call and ask for stb replacement for my friends MPEG 2 stb, they said rs500 need to pay.

And reason saying channel changed to MPEG 4 by broadcaster, its not tata sly fault.

Rs.500/- asking for 1 year warranty for MPEG4 STB...with 1 Month Warranty, you will be get it free of cost.....

It would be great if channel addition starts before Durga puja. :eek:hya:eek:hya

@dipayan

I dont think that they will add before durga puja.

Devesh said:
@dipayan

I dont think that they will add before durga puja.

Me too. But all we can do is to just wait & watch and of course hope. But they will add channels for sure once they have enough space.

dipayan said:
Me too. But all we can do is to just wait & watch and of course hope. But they will add channels for sure once they have enough space.

Dipayan, agree with you. It is only a matter of time. Hopefully by end October we will see more Bengali channels on TS.

Here people are unaware about stb replacement and mpeg4 migration. Once leading Bengali channels like Star Jalsha, 24 Ghanta, ABP Ananda and Sangeet Bangla etc is moved to mpeg4, the real chaos will start.

When I discussed with my local dealer, he said no info about migration with him!

But Cc is taking replacements requests from ROI users as well.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock