Sad News: ADTV gng to remove Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD!!

• Thread starter Lewis
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 73
  • Views: Views 19,922
I dont think any broadcaster can hike the bouquet price without TRAI approval.

So, Its the contract between ess and airtel that expires now and for some reason one of the party not willing to renew. No speculation from me whether its ess fault or airtel fault.

But one thing for sure, ess has invested billions in bcci rights. They run the channel to earn money not to serve people. So, they would demand more to take back the billions they have spent. Nothing wrong in it i think.

And one more thing is ess will earn more if they are carried to more homes. So definitely they will not like to be removed from any platform.

If the channels are removed it will affect ess more than airtel. Because they will lose out the subscription revenue of airtel customer base, which is a huge one.

Definitely It's A Loss For ADTV Not For ESS

Vadirocks said:
Definitely It's A Loss For ADTV Not For ESS

bro i am saying that both will face loss but ess will suffer more. how you say that its a loss for adtv and not for ess

Dear Sir,
I,Anant,am using ADTV since last one year and i have 3 multi room connections.My Customer ID xxxxxxxx.
Today i came to know from your advertisement in a newspaper that ADTV will shut down 2 most popular Sports HD channel ie.Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD wef 23rd December 2012.
As you are aware Star Cricket has recently purchased Indian Cricket's broadcasting rights for 6 years ie. till 2018 and its HD channel is a treat to all ADTV HD users.This decision by ADTV is unfortunate and shameful.I feel like betrayed.Why does a common viewer suffer in case an agreement breaks between a channel broadcaster and DTH?
Star Cricket HD and ESPN HD are very popular in India and cricket is the most watched sport in our country.Both are available in most DTH so i demand a reversal of this decision as this will make many users to quit ADTV and join Tata Sky or d2h.This policy by ADTV is an act of poor service to it's loyal users and a heinous act of money making politics.
I request you to change your decision failing which i shall have no choice but to remove ADTV and go for other DTH and i will create a nation wide awareness against this dirty policy by Airtel DTH which keeps it's HD users away from most popular channels.

Also I again request you to remove DD Sahyadri Marathi FROM idd service and bring it to normal format as it's a very popular Marathi channel.

Yours Truly,
Anant

I request u all to write and mark ur protest in ADTV,.
Remember we all made tata sky bend there HD policy for existing users because of our united efforts

I have also recorded my protest against this move and send them email.

ESS have become a big giant. They know the fact that without Star cricket HD, ESPN HD, no DTH or MSO can survive. So they are manipulating the DTHs with increasing there demands for renewal of contract.

One Big deal is that they also got the rights of BCCI now.

ADTV have to increase package price and shuld retain ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD otherwise dey may loose more HD users like me..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock