Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I agree on this point....
These movies should telecast in better slot and main channels along with SUM....
Classics like Lamhe,DLKH etc cn shift to SHS prime slots aftr initial airing on main channels...

Already shared feedback regarding this with star / disney. I am expecting star/ disney to launch Star Gold Romance and a movie channel dedicated to retro bollywood films very soon. Lot of other suggestions also shared including content strategy for UTV HD, Star Gold Select SD/ HD feeds, i am hopeful that they will look into it and implement changes in near future

Buddy, why would any producer / banner / actor not be interested to have agreement with star/disney when they give proper space to all kind of bollywood films across its channels with very good scheduling which no other broadcaster has been able to deliver.

Agreement r signed when both broadcasters and producer/banner / actor arrive at mutually acceptable terms, star/disney may not have been able to reach a decision with various banners/actors with whom their agreement recently expired but that does not mean that producers or banners r not interested in selling movie rights to star / disney.

Zee / Sony would b paying high amount for signing agreement with various actors/ banners and it is good that they r expanding their bollywood movie library. I am hopeful that they will have a refreshed content strategy post integration of film library / merger competition and air good mix of old/new bollywood films across its channels.

Disney is parent company of star india so money is not an issue, infact disney has strong focus on Indian Market and have invested heavily on further strengthening its brands in India. They will continue to acquire good content for its channels and OTT platforms
not interested means , they have lost a bid, Disney stuido is a different entity, that was my only concern, rest of the things r true

buddy, on tv premiere also above mentioned movies haven't done well

I know buddy but then again all good movies do not get good ratings on TV foe various reasons be it improper promotions done by broadcaster, people having incorrect perception about a movie based on critic reviews , movie having niche appeal etc.

Broadcasters need to give each bollywood film which is part of its library adequate airing even if ratings received are low despite putting in best efforts

I know buddy but then again all good movies do not get good ratings on TV foe various reasons be it improper promotions done by broadcaster, people having incorrect perception about a movie based on critic reviews , movie having niche appeal etc.

Broadcasters need to give each bollywood film which is part of its library adequate airing even if ratings received are low despite putting in best efforts
what can be best example rather than 'sooryavansham' biggest 'BO' flop is actually a booster dose for set max

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock