Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Sony Max Again Playing Yeavdu This Sunday At 9 AM And Kanchana 2 On Monday At 9 PM. Now Why Have They Started Repeating Movies? But There Is Also A Good Thing That They Are Going To Show Dilwale On HD And Baghban On SD After Bahubali 2

Last edited:
@Deep Mody Those 2 are aired very much on sun network as well-Yeavdu and kanchana 2
South movies are repeated by every network with same frequency
Like zee shows K3, Sony shows Yeavdu and kanchana 2, Star shows vardi ka dum and mawali raj, Viacom plays main hoon surya singham very much etc

Last edited:
I'm putting my thoughts to the topic of contention on this thread:

Sony:
Pros:
- Good management of movies they already have
- they have Strategy such that movies which fetch them good viewership is played at the right time
- Best PQ and AQ
Cons:
- Way too less movie channels
- Such management of movies has caused decreased airtime of many bollywood movies, hence they moved to other networks and Sony isn't left with many bollywood movies

Star:
Pros:
- Good number of recent Bollywood releases in library
- Channel segmentation done okayish (Star Gold Select is debatable)
Cons:
- Repeated airings of movies, which if we're present on other networks would have fetched them good ratings always (eg. Bala, Chichore, Singham, Housefull 4, Total Dhamaal)

Viacom:
Pros:
- They have some really good movies from 2000+
Cons:
- Hum hain Paani kum (We are dead in the waters)
- Main movie channels Converted themselves into South movie machine. Colors shows the library of bollywood movies but they've lost the race.

Zee (I personally don't watch Zee network, so I'm going to go with what the community has posted):
Pros:
- A really good mix of bollywood and south releases
- Dedicated channels for dedicated offerings
Cons:
- Poor quality of channel, both PQ and AQ

In my view, Sony Max is going to benefit with TRPs for the short term because the market was really fed up of repeated airing of bollywood movies on channels. This won't benefit in the long term as only bollywood movies can come to their rescue. Upto 2022, they will have to continue with this strategy, but maybe after that they can sign back old producers which left them.

Star's repetition strategy is the worst. If they continue with this strategy, new movies will give them ratings for a few airings, then it'll Stop, unless they manage their strategy.

Viacom is dead in the waters. Only their English channels are performing. Their movie channels can't be rescued. The only way they make profit is by syndication of their existing movies with other networks

Zee I don't know because I don't watch it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock