Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I'm putting my thoughts to the topic of contention on this thread:

Sony:
Pros:
- Good management of movies they already have
- they have Strategy such that movies which fetch them good viewership is played at the right time
- Best PQ and AQ
Cons:
- Way too less movie channels
- Such management of movies has caused decreased airtime of many bollywood movies, hence they moved to other networks and Sony isn't left with many bollywood movies

Star:
Pros:
- Good number of recent Bollywood releases in library
- Channel segmentation done okayish (Star Gold Select is debatable)
Cons:
- Repeated airings of movies, which if we're present on other networks would have fetched them good ratings always (eg. Bala, Chichore, Singham, Housefull 4, Total Dhamaal)

Viacom:
Pros:
- They have some really good movies from 2000+
Cons:
- Hum hain Paani kum (We are dead in the waters)
- Main movie channels Converted themselves into South movie machine. Colors shows the library of bollywood movies but they've lost the race.

Zee (I personally don't watch Zee network, so I'm going to go with what the community has posted):
Pros:
- A really good mix of bollywood and south releases
- Dedicated channels for dedicated offerings
Cons:
- Poor quality of channel, both PQ and AQ

In my view, Sony Max is going to benefit with TRPs for the short term because the market was really fed up of repeated airing of bollywood movies on channels. This won't benefit in the long term as only bollywood movies can come to their rescue. Upto 2022, they will have to continue with this strategy, but maybe after that they can sign back old producers which left them.

Star's repetition strategy is the worst. If they continue with this strategy, new movies will give them ratings for a few airings, then it'll Stop, unless they manage their strategy.

Viacom is dead in the waters. Only their English channels are performing. Their movie channels can't be rescued. The only way they make profit is by syndication of their existing movies with other networks

Zee I don't know because I don't watch it.
Absolutely Agreed With You Bro

Hope deal between saijd nadiadwala and sony becomes successful
And definitely sony should launch a critically Acclaimed/less popular bollywood movies, bollywood movie channel like & xploror or SGS for showing movies like section 375,karwaan, blackmail, piku, Tumhari sulu, bhoomi, fanney khan,ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga etc

Last edited:
Sony Max Again Playing Yeavdu This Sunday At 9 AM And Kanchana 2 On Monday At 9 PM. Now Why Have They Started Repeating Movies? But There Is Also A Good Thing That They Are Going To Show Dilwale On HD And Baghban On SD After Bahubali 2
bro where did u get this schedule from?

BTW yevadu,mar mitenge 2 and khatarnak khiladi are moving to colors in a month so they are playing it 2-3 times /week.kanchana and kanchana 2 are not repeated as frequently, maybe on wah and max 1/week.btw wah is not being run similar to other FTA channels,they play premium movies like sultan,pk,bahubali as well as 2019 movies which other FTA channels dont so can be compared to star gold2 /and pictures

This is being shown on SUM for longest time, strange that u r seeing it for 1st time or u do not watch this ch
Yes bro I'll not watch this channel because wen ever the channel comes it shows 23rd march shaheed khuddar gambler team 5 and some regional movies like jai maa vaishno devi bal ganesh sri Krishna joy maa durga etc etc so not interested to watch this channel much more..

Hope deal between saijd nadiadwala and sony becomes successful
And definitely sony should launch a critically Acclaimed/less popular bollywood movies, bollywood movie channel like & xploror or SGS for showing movies like section 375,karwaan, blackmail, piku, Tumhari sulu, bhoomi, fanney khan,ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga etc
It will happen very soon bro even I hope.. now a days Sony is showing interest in Bollywood movies every day it shows yrf old movies like salaam namaste New York badmash company etc etc...plus sony max2 is showing interesting classic movies.. and the pq aq is very good..

Most likely both nadiadwalas ie. Firoz A nadiadwala (full library) and sajid nadiadwala (upcoming movies) will be going to Sony
While foxstar +Disney will be getting Balaji motion pictures, visesh films, srk 22 films and they have already singed with yrf.
And Zee will be all getting filmkrat and ajay devgn movies (upcoming and some old ones)

Most likely both nadiadwalas ie. Firoz A nadiadwala (full library) and sajid nadiadwala (upcoming movies) will be going to Sony
While foxstar +Disney will be getting Balaji motion pictures, visesh films, srk 22 films and they have already singed with yrf.
And Zee will be all getting filmkrat and ajay devgn movies (upcoming and some old ones)
Zee spoiled filmkraft movies bro aq is ok but pq is horrible filmkraft movies should have been moved to star or it could be stayed with Sony itself.

Any idea satellite rights of sanjay dutt movies
Kartoos, Jung, andolan, khauff, aatish, hatyar, shabd hum kisi se kam nahin.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock