SCV new package now on their website

mjahabarsadiq said:
SCV updated packages are now again on their website.. No more Gold pack..

What a cheating...

In Tamil pack they mentioned 36 Tamil channels. okay...
In Diamond pack they mentioned 37 Tamil channels.. okay...
In Platinum pack they mentioned 38 Tamil channels.. Crap.. They listed only 37 Tamil channels.

No more new Tamil channels like Mega Music, GTV and BTV..

Ala carte PDF is showing symbols instead of channel name and price... :)

My kind advice.. don't go for SCV.. they wont add any more Tamil channels..

I dont accept with you.. as far i know there is no DTH which gives 37 tamil channels.( they say tamil channels which are tamil feeds) not the actual tamil channels. One thing which i dont like in scv is they dont give my favourite puthiya thalamurai correct me if im wrong. other wise pricewise i still feel SCV is cheaper... Can someone point me if there is any DTH which can give all the sports channels given in tamil basic pack lesser than 200RS along with tamil channels ???

mjahabarsadiq said:

What a cheating...

In Platinum pack they mentioned 38 Tamil channels.. Crap.. They listed only 37 Tamil channels.

Can you attach la carte list here.. its not downloadble plese

Any way i choose i have to pay a minimum of 242 Rs including service tax.

SCV TAMIL PACK (133.50 Rs ) + News (21.50 Rs) + MP Pack (35.00 Rs (Cant select movies pack as i need to select One alliance 25.00 Rs for English Info / Lifestyle and News 21.50 Rs which is damn costly)) + Tax: 242 Rs.

So the result is that there is no way i will go with SCV at any cost and i may disconnect local cable and i can rent some movies and watch Puthiyathalaimurai online (Hope Sun network doesn't stop the channel somehow) or move to some non sun DTH (little chance as my house isn't suitable for placing the dish anywhere)

Unless some other MSO comes in my Area i may stay away from Cable once SCV turns off Analogue.

Hi Pearl,

You should have choosed SCV diamond pack instead of so many packs. it comes to 215Rs plus tax so total is 242RS it has everything right from news, infortainment, movies and kids.. check it out.

jvcbpl said:
mjahabarsadiq said:

What a cheating...

I dont accept with you.. as far i know there is no DTH which gives 37 tamil channels.( they say tamil channels which are tamil feeds) not the actual tamil channels. One thing which i dont like in scv is they dont give my favourite puthiya thalamurai correct me if im wrong. other wise pricewise i still feel SCV is cheaper... Can someone point me if there is any DTH which can give all the sports channels given in tamil basic pack lesser than 200RS along with tamil channels ???

It's not alone the number of channels, but customer support, channel quality, availability or people preferred channels (Puthiyathalaimurai).

Also i think Rs 300 for DTH is worth as we can take the device and connect immediately from any area and also the second TV has less charge than the first one.

Cable has to be better than the DTH and the price needs to be cheaper, only then cable is worth else DTH is far more better.

jvcbpl said:
Hi Pearl,

You should have choosed SCV diamond pack instead of so many packs. it comes to 215Rs plus tax so total is 242RS it has everything right from news, infortainment, movies and kids.. check it out.

Yes, you are right. But i just compared the prices, so any way i need to pay 242 Rs and not lesser than that.

I wish if they can give Basic pack at 100 Rs and remove other Indian regional languages like Hindi so easily they can reduce the price so the total package with Addon's will become lesser than Rs 200.

Also what is the guarantee that the exact list of channels will continue? Can they guarantee that they wont remove any given channel if they get more popular than the useless sun network channels?

SCV is always a risk and a pain.

For over 2 years i have been requesting them to fix the cable line so i can watch the english movies channels (only 2) properly always my LCO said that they wont come as SCV placed them in the last and anything they do it will still be scrambled, but after TCCL entered and SCV saw the risk they fixed it and now i can see the channels properly and they said that a connection was loose and now fixed. How were they able to fix it suddenly only now after a delay of over 2 years??

@pearl:
So finally chosen the DAS package? You mentioned that your LCO is not forcing to buy STB now-a-days.. What is the status now? It seems your LCO is going to continue with SCV only.. Right?

mjahabarsadiq said:
@pearl:
So finally chosen the DAS package? You mentioned that your LCO is not forcing to buy STB now-a-days.. What is the status now? It seems your LCO is going to continue with SCV only.. Right?

Hi,
Yes, Rs 242 per month seems to be ok and the package too is ok, but i have two issues with SCV,

1: Puthiyathalaimurai missing, i cant pay them for DAS and still watch news on internet.
2: Trust, SCV has done enough damage and has completely lost trust. What is the guarantee that they will give a proper DAS after 2 or 3 months or later?

Yes, my LCO is still not forcing me to go for DAS or STB so i think either he may be waiting for a new MSO or SCV doesnt have enough STB's, i didn't meet him this month so no updates and also he wont talk much on phone.

Once SCV turnsoff analogue and my LCO sticks with SCV i may disconnect from cable and move to some DTH or will stay without a cable. :-/ :-/

Any updates from your area or any other areas where you have friends?

Anybody getting news from their LCO about Analog blackout from 1st April .
My LCO didn't came after January month for Cable money collection.
Looks anlaog will switch off soon, but exact date unknown ..Now DMK pulls out from center, things may change soon

pearlpearl said:
jvcbpl said:
Hi Pearl,

Yes, you are right. But i just compared the prices, so any way i need to pay 242 Rs and not lesser than that.

I wish if they can give Basic pack at 100 Rs and remove other Indian regional languages like Hindi so easily they can reduce the price so the total package with Addon's will become lesser than Rs 200.

Also what is the guarantee that the exact list of channels will continue? Can they guarantee that they wont remove any given channel if they get more popular than the useless sun network channels?

SCV is always a risk and a pain.

For over 2 years i have been requesting them to fix the cable line so i can watch the english movies channels (only 2) properly always my LCO said that they wont come as SCV placed them in the last and anything they do it will still be scrambled, but after TCCL entered and SCV saw the risk they fixed it and now i can see the channels properly and they said that a connection was loose and now fixed. How were they able to fix it suddenly only now after a delay of over 2 years??

I do agree with you... but DTH comes for a premium.. since you have not used DTH,you dont know the risks with DTH.. all the DTH operators are coming with a lower package of 150Rs or 155Rs to attract customers and make the use of this digitalisation and get more customers.If all that you want is just the quality you can always move to DTH and pay the premium whatever the DTH operator is quoting. Just wait for 2 months and then you will know there will not be any DTH operator giving any package for Rs150 it will be hiked to minimum of Rs200 Dishtv has already hinted that its going to increase the pack rates by 10% from april 4, so all will follow the suite. morover the la carte pack in any DTH is way tooo expensive when compared to DAS. star movies for example is Rs30 in tatasky and Rs20 in other DTH.. whereas in the DAS it comes at half the price. again if you talk about quality you always go for the DTH. If you are ready to spare 400Rs per month in DTH you will get somthing similar to SCV diamond pack, which is 250Rs approx in DAS. So its all how you want, if you want quality pay a premium and get DTH else stick with DAS. The issues which you have been quoting with the cable line fixing is your LCO and not SCV. Puthiyatahalaimurai is the issue becoz of SCV i accept rest all i wud say not SCV. as i write here news is breaking that all DTH operators going to increase from 10 april....minimum 10 % at all base packs: People of chennai since they are used to 100Rs per month.. they are resisting this i can see it. no more 100Rs cable anymore :(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock