Sony bbc earth missing in top charts of barc rating.Why?

• Thread starter Sarang
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 3,762
Biggest irony is that they r still running not only Jeet but having its HD Feed too. They need to add good content on flagship channel and replace Jeet with a Travel Centric Channel or even better if we get back Investigation Discovery in place of Turbo.

Discovery is having too much useless stuff thus costs less. BBC Earth is having excellent programs, even Sony is distributing it well but packaging/price needs fine tuning. Projecting it as a premium channel is not correct strategy.

Biggest irony is that they r still running not only Jeet but having its HD Feed too.
Excellent that TS did not add Jeet HD. Discovery can launch Discovery Science HD or bring some channel like Travel Channel or Food Network to India; if Travel Channel is brought to India TLC can become exclusively a food channel, and vice-versa if Food Network comes to India.

Excellent that TS did not add Jeet HD. Discovery can launch Discovery Science HD or bring some channel like Travel Channel or Food Network to India; if Travel Channel is brought to India TLC can become exclusively a food channel, and vice-versa if Food Network comes to India.

They r already showing some Food Network shows on Jeet. TLC used to air travel content back from 2004-9 but later turned cookery based. Later on TLC HD aired Travel/Adventure stuff but few years back they decided to simulcast programs on both feeds across channels hence this also got ruined. All in all i am quite unhappy with their current line up :(

Even Discovery Science is airing old programs

Biggest irony is that they r still running not only Jeet but having its HD Feed too. They need to add good content on flagship channel and replace Jeet with a Travel Centric Channel or even better if we get back Investigation Discovery in place of Turbo.

Discovery is having too much useless stuff thus costs less. BBC Earth is having excellent programs, even Sony is distributing it well but packaging/price needs fine tuning. Projecting it as a premium channel is not correct strategy.
Hello! They have D Sport. They got my favourite sports MLS, NASCAR, NJPW and Lucha Underground. You can't enjoy wrestling in SD with dim light.

[/QUOTE]
You will be able to watch Teleshopping in 3 new languages! Discovery is so desperate to put Teleshopping ads during normal breaks!

They only show teleshopping ads when regular brands do not advertise on their channel. As i have said except flagship channel or too some extent Science channel, all their remaining channels r not doing well

They only show teleshopping ads when regular brands do not advertise on their channel. As i have said except flagship channel or too some extent Science channel, all their remaining channels r not doing well
Few months ago I saw on Discovery Kids during daytime when people actually watch TV they showed teleshopping ads during regular break. I fail to understand this as it got higher TRP than before the revamp and kids are watching the channel.

I was regularly (almost) watching 'Rick Stein's India' on SBE before new TRAI rules. Sri Lanka with Peter Kuruvita was also on SBE I think.
In new regime, didn't subscribe the channel.

Yes even
I was regularly (almost) watching 'Rick Stein's India' on SBE before new TRAI rules. Sri Lanka with Peter Kuruvita was also on SBE I think.
In new regime, didn't subscribe the channel.
Yes even I haven't subscribed. In my childhood, I used to watch discovery & animal planet like anything. It was like Google for me. But see now what happened to them. They earned good revenue worldwide but now not investing on new shows & people have in fact forgotten these channels. Same thing happened with Cartoon Network. Gone are those golden days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock