Star Sports network

• Thread starter piinku1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 5,003
Navneet Mishra said:
Its not like that. There are some methods by which sports broadcast rights are sold. It all depends upon the clauses in the contract-
1. Upon the expiration of a particular broadcast right, the existing broadcaster is asked to renew its rights at predetrmined price for the said period.
OR
2. If the existing broadcaster refuses to renew the rights, there is a competitive bidding & the highest bidder gets the rights.
OR
3. Upon the expiration of the rights, there is a competitive bidding excluding the existing broadcaster but it has the right to match the price offered by the highest bidder. If it refuses, the rights go to the highest bidder.

Right of first refusal is only in cricket rights. In football and other sports it's open bidding, whoever pays the most gets the deal, plain and simple. Nothing more nothing less. Surprising fact is that star spending millions on football rights but not showing the matches. Rights holders are frustrated now with star as there is lot of complain to the leagues following stars new football coverage. Doubt they will get any further rights unless they commit to show minimum number of matches. Current contracts don't contain any minimum number hence star exploiting that loop hole by sometimes showing zero or two or four matches per round.

Anirudha Das said:
For the kind information MP & Silva group held the sports rights except max. cricket rights they bought from different league and then distribute to broadcaster if you think MAX held the rights of IPL then you are wrong IMG held the rights of IPL and sell it to MAX all the rights holders is like a agent of particular game its not Star Sports and Ten Sports go any buy if you have money then you also bought the rights from these agency.

You are wrong. Img is only producing the IPL, it never was or is the rights holder. World Sport Group was the original rights holder of this event and it gave to sony the Indian subcontinent rights. The global rights were sold to india times and nimbus. Mp silva does not hold all rights. It only holds serie a French ligue and capital one cup etc. epl la liga are directly sold by epl n mediapro for la liga.

ayanc99 said:
You are wrong. Img is only producing the IPL, it never was or is the rights holder. World Sport Group was the original rights holder of this event and it gave to sony the Indian subcontinent rights. The global rights were sold to india times and nimbus. Mp silva does not hold all rights. It only holds serie a French ligue and capital one cup etc. epl la liga are directly sold by epl n mediapro for la liga.

I don't know the exact thing as you are from that field so you able to answer but what i read somewhere that World Sports Group and Sony together bids for a Television rights of IPL in Indian Subcontinent and online rights sold to Times and Nimbus together this year Times sold online rights to Star Sports and StarSports.com will show this years IPL.

Anirudha Das said:
I don't know the exact thing as you are from that field so you able to answer but what i read somewhere that World Sports Group and Sony together bids for a Television rights of IPL in Indian Subcontinent and online rights sold to Times and Nimbus together this year Times sold online rights to Star Sports and StarSports.com will show this years IPL.

This is correct. So img not rightsholder.

Anirudha Das said:
I am saying for other rights like ex. India Super league which is going to held IMG - Reliance is managing this league broadcasting rights goes to Star Sports which is some way we expect but Zee has the rights of I League and other football league held in India then why Zee not able to win this right for the sake of Ten network.

This is because Star Sports is one of the partners in IMG-Reliance league. So the broadcast rights automatically went to it just like the Hockey India League. Star has chalked out a budget of Rs.20,000 crore for such events.
Similarly, Zee partnered with Indian Football Federation in organisation of I-League so the rights were awarded to TEN.
No competitive bidding was involved in either cases.

ayanc99 said:
Right of first refusal is only in cricket rights. In football and other sports it's open bidding, whoever pays the most gets the deal, plain and simple. Nothing more nothing less. Surprising fact is that star spending millions on football rights but not showing the matches. Rights holders are frustrated now with star as there is lot of complain to the leagues following stars new football coverage. Doubt they will get any further rights unless they commit to show minimum number of matches. Current contracts don't contain any minimum number hence star exploiting that loop hole by sometimes showing zero or two or four matches per round.

Thx for the info. I wasn't much aware about distribution of football rights.

Navneet Mishra said:
This is because Star Sports is one of the partners in IMG-Reliance league. So the broadcast rights automatically went to it just like the Hockey India League. Star has chalked out a budget of Rs.20,000 crore for such events.
Similarly, Zee partnered with Indian Football Federation in organisation of I-League so the rights were awarded to TEN.
No competitive bidding was involved in either cases.

Well Essel group parent company of Zee needs to buy Mumbai Team or any other franchise and make Ten Sports a sponsor of that team :lol

Navneet Mishra said:
I hope they don't. But on twitter they mentioned about broadcasting T20 World cup on SS1,2,3,HD1 & ss.com
They might use Star Sports 2 to show Women's T20 World Cup

Navneet Mishra said:
They have improved but they need to get over the stupidity of showing same matches on different channels..Like during T20 World Cup they will be airing same matches on SS1, SS2, SS3, SS HD1 & starsports.com even when there are no 2 matches at the same time. Won't you call this stupid & annoying?

as now the epg of ss chs is available n its clear as i was saying that all ss chs providing diff content with ss1 for qualifying matches n ss2 for warmup matches...hence its proved that its not stupidity ..ss is the best network in india.. I WOULD LIKE U TO TAKE BACK UR WORDS NOW...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock