Star Sports network

• Thread starter piinku1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 5,019
dipayan said:
No doubt bro Star is bigger than ZEE as it belongs to News corporation or u can say 21st Century Fox.
You are right bro.21st Century Fox is a really big network.It is present in Italy,England,lots of countries in Asia,Australia etc.

Its not like that. There are some methods by which sports broadcast rights are sold. It all depends upon the clauses in the contract-
1. Upon the expiration of a particular broadcast right, the existing broadcaster is asked to renew its rights at predetrmined price for the said period.
OR
2. If the existing broadcaster refuses to renew the rights, there is a competitive bidding & the highest bidder gets the rights.
OR
3. Upon the expiration of the rights, there is a competitive bidding excluding the existing broadcaster but it has the right to match the price offered by the highest bidder. If it refuses, the rights go to the highest bidder.

Maybe in dreams Zee Network is bigger than Star Network :lol

Navneet Mishra said:
Its not like that. There are some methods by which sports broadcast rights are sold. It all depends upon the clauses in the contract-
1. Upon the expiration of a particular broadcast right, the existing broadcaster is asked to renew its rights at predetrmined price for the said period.
OR
2. If the existing broadcaster refuses to renew the rights, there is a competitive bidding & the highest bidder gets the rights.
OR
3. Upon the expiration of the rights, there is a competitive bidding excluding the existing broadcaster but it has the right to match the price offered by the highest bidder. If it refuses, the rights go to the highest bidder.

Then no channel wants to loose the rights it all depends to Right holders as you explain but there is not one right holder company in the market there is many and simply they want profit.

Navneet Mishra said:
You are grossly underestimating the football viewership in India. The same thing Star did & faced massive protests which forced it to broadcast football on SS1 & SS2 as well.
And stupidity is broadcasting same T20 match on SS1 & SS2 on which the feed will be English. And I am sure SS is not planning to air World Cup feed in any other language apart from hindi & English as of now.
Cricket is dominating sport in the country and it should be given due space I agree. But using all the channels for a single event is foolish.

ss1 n Ss2 till now hav not shown same live event n i can bet they wont show in future also...

Anirudha Das said:
Then no channel wants to loose the rights it all depends to Right holders as you explain but there is not one right holder company in the market there is many and simply they want profit.

See it all depends on the broadcaster how he perceives the market. You will agree that major properties in football & cricket have been held by channels for a long time.
For example, Star has Australian Cricket, English Cricket & EPL from such a long time. Similarly TEN has UEFA from i think last 4-5 years now. When TEN arrived the market it did aggresive bidding and snatched rights of West Indies, South Africa, Zimbabwe Cricket Boards from Star. But still Star held on its major cricket properties and was happy to lose some to TEN. So its all upon priorities.

Srajal Ag said:
ss1 n Ss2 till now hav not shown same live event n i can bet they wont show in future also...
btw what are you betting on Star Sports?

Star Sports in their T20 World Cup add say "Duniya badlegi sirf ek over mein". I think they should say in their promos "Star Sports badlegi sirf ek saal mein" :lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock