Surrender D2h Connection

• Thread starter Endgame
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 48
  • Views: Views 8,024
karthik316_1999 said:
Right, so why are users being advised to sell their hardware on OLX ? Will it not be a problem if I sell / give off to a friend while canceling the subscription ?

No problem in selling hardware. They cooperate in this matter, you can ask them to transfer ownership by renaming the connection details and they will update name, address etc.

karthik316_1999 said:
Right, so why are users being advised to sell their hardware on OLX ? Will it not be a problem if I sell / give off to a friend while canceling the subscription ?

They provided me 3 options.
1. Sell it in OLX
2. Give it to friends
In both cases subscription will continue in my name (or one can opt for subscription change), so no problem.
3. Cancel the subscription...Hand over hardware...Get refund balance only.

They told me that they can transfer the ownership if we sell the connection...

Just now, I contacted CC (Supervisor) and as per him balance is non-refundable and also non-transferable (when I asked if I can transfer my balance to friends). But he informed me that I can keep it disconnected for as long as I wish, my balance won't lapse. I opted for that.

So they may have changed the policy now!

Non-refundable ? That is not fair at all. I hope this is only when you don't cancel the subscription right ? Though the balance will not get lapsed, why would a customer be forced to lock up their money with d2h when they have decided to move to a different operator for good.

@ Bapun - Was your surrender done sometime back or recently ?

Just referred to the videocon d2h FAQ page DTH - direct to Home - Videocon d2h satellite TV - DTH Services by Videocon d2h and there seems to be no information about the temporary suspension period too. (Which I believe was minimum of 1/2 weeks to maximum of 5/6 months). Now I see something called "Once in a year subscription holiday" - where the minimum period is 7 days and maximum is just 15 days ?

Even though I opted to suspend my D2h a/c for indefinite period / till they add  :hd channels (chances are very low, they even didn't dare to provide me fake consolation by saying 'Those missing  :hd  channels will be added shortly' clearly indicates the future), still I'm in very much dilemma :u . How to go from here:
1. Taking TS HD STB only -1800 (So that if 'Chamatkar' happens I can be back to D2h in no time) - Not at all economical.
2. Taking TS HD STB + 1 yr - 7520 (Economical) - Must forget about D2h & it's balance & STB are wasted. More than that what if some 4K channels come and add some salt to my wounds.
3. Taking TS 4K STB + 1 yr - 12120 (Somewhat Economical) - No way I can come back to D2h and completely waste my balance & STB. But one thing can be done, give my d2h to friend(s) after their balance is over. Till then, keep my D2h disconnected.

Friends, I desperately need your suggestions. It will take 3-4 days to disconnect my D2h (as per CC supervisor).
Also, I'm posting this link to TS GD section, so that TS users who don't visit D2h section can also suggest.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock