Tamil channels comparison in all DTH - 03-Apr-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
Here you go... A comparison table for Tamil channels across DTH. I hope it will be useful.

Updated as on 03-Apr-15

JiXDbXF.png

RE: Tamil channels comparison

Good chart preparation sadiq bro.

So..

The results of the comparison:

Without VOD channels:
Videocon D2H is leading with 30 channels.

With VOD channels:
Videocon D2H and Airtel is leading with 30 channels each.

Possibilities:

If Airtel is adding Captain TV back again or adding Raj Digital Plus (in place of Captain TV), it will become the leader (including their VOD service).

If Airtel even adding Raj Digital Plus along with Captain TV, it will become the true leader (even without their VOD service)

If D2H is adding Puthu Yugam without Captain TV and Raj Digital Plus in Airtel, D2H will become the true winner (even considering Airtel's VOD service)

If D2H is adding Puthu Yugam with either Captain TV or Raj Digital Plus in Airtel, no change in the results.

If D2H is adding Puthu Yugam with both Captain TV and Raj Digital Plus in Airtel, both will be the leader without considering VOD services and Airtel will be the leader if VOD is also considered.

At any case, no other DTH can think of this place....

Does AirTel have Pudhu Yugam?

Kalyan_1980 said:

Yes, It was added long back ago... You are not aware of that ?

Kalyan_1980 said:

Yes. They have. They are the one who added at first in the DTH world.

Oh, i am not aware of it, even i did not find the Thread related to PudhuYugam additon in ADTV.

@sadiq bro. very well compiled chart. But i think suntvHD, sunmucicHD & Ktv HD can be added in sundirect. And see how dd+ partiality to southern people just one channel since long time and it means it is only for north india people and by doing this indirectly helping or encouraging private dths in south part of india (tamil, telugu, malayalam & kannada). what a sad and worst tactics from dd+:angry

nskaran said:
see how dd+ partiality to southern people just one channel since long time and it means it is only for north india people and by doing this indirectly helping or encouraging private dths in south part of india (tamil, telugu, malayalam & kannada). what a sad and worst tactics from dd+:angry

DD is famous for this for a very long time. First DD2 was introduced with Hindi serials translated to Tamil and it became a super hit (no cable service at that time) then all of a sudden all DD2 serials were transferred to DD1 in Hindi and people were forced to abandon DD all-together as they didn't understand the language and moved to local cable.

Even now DD+ isn't popular anywhere in TN and even if DD+ can achieve some success in India there would be no way that they can get any support from the TN people with their current attitude.

Has TRAI ever though or spoken about Tamil Nadu at any point of time?? Finally the entire India is going to become DAS except TN which is still going to be in Analogue with CAS.

Hope it doesn't land-up like the Soviet Union.

Sadiq said:
Here you go... A comparison table for Tamil channels across DTH. I hope it will be useful.

a6TjXQ1.png

Note:- I didn't count Captain TV in Airtel for now. Once it is added back, I will count it...

Thanks for the image comparison, now it looks easy to select the suitable DTH provider. :k :clap

Looks like i can take either Airtel, Videocon or Tatasky as they seem suitable to my requirements, even if 1 or 2 channels miss it wont affect me much so if the English movies, News and a couple of sports channels are available as a combo (Addon) for a good price i can pick one of them if i get a chance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock