TATA(sky postponed launching of new advanced STB

RE: TATA(sky is about to launch new advenced STB along with many new feature in 2014

it will be nice if they come with androids smart set-top box with wi-fi connectivity so we dont have to buy smart tv. as androids we can get playstore apps, you tube, web browser, facebook apps, twitters apps, and many more etc................... and this is samsung HomeSync Android-powered set-top box

xl_Samsung_HomeSync_624.jpg

Following is little description : This samsung Android Jelly Bean system is not a Google TV-branded device, neither does it bring Samsung's Smart TV interface into play. However it does offer full access to the Google Play store. It's also got a 1.7GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, Bluetooth 4.0, Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB 3.0 and micro USB connectivity. it also brings 1TB of local storage.

That'll bring access to a host of video on demand options, apps, games, music streaming services and much more. It can also be controlled by an Android smartphone or tablet. Up to 8 accounts can be set up for private or shared storage, meaning a host of media can be transferred to the device for instant playback without streaming from the cloud. But many question is pricing? dont want set-top more then 2000 -3000 rupees

RE: TATA(sky is about to launch new advenced STB along with many new feature in 2014

BUT TATA SKY IS TOO SMART AS IT KNOWS IN INDIA PEOPLE ARE PRICE CONCEOUS AND THE COST OF 2 TB WILL GO ABOVE 10K SO IT WILL LAUNCH ONLY 1 TB HD DVR AS TO BE IN COMPETITION WITH VIDEOCON D2H

sayan.sunny said:
May be somthing better than that, like smart stb capable to access internet, multiple channel recording etc.

It might have built-in WiFi. Also Sky UK has launched 2TB HD+ box with 1.5 TB for recording live TV and 0.5 TB dedicated for VoD content. TS may come up with something similar.

psinha870 said:
BUT TATA SKY IS TOO SMART AS IT KNOWS IN INDIA PEOPLE ARE PRICE CONCEOUS AND THE COST OF 2 TB WILL GO ABOVE 10K SO IT WILL LAUNCH ONLY 1 TB HD DVR AS TO BE IN COMPETITION WITH VIDEOCON D2H

Dont post in caps, it against the forum rule.

psinha870 said:

Remember when TS first launched HD & HD DVR, they were very attractively priced and best in quality. TS would try to be differentiated in the market rather than have similar equipment as others. They also have SKY to draw technology from. So we might expect something very attractive and unique in Indian market.

USB Recorder is Most Required as External Storage Device is Cheaper Than Internal Hard Disk

jdrocks said:
Remember when TS first launched HD & HD DVR, they were very attractively priced and best in quality. TS would try to be differentiated in the market rather than have similar equipment as others. They also have SKY to draw technology from. So we might expect something very attractive and unique in Indian market.

You are absolutly right bro.

Sky is the parent so definitely they will help TS introduce new tech. Mere PVR fuctionality or HDD upgradation cann't be called as advanced compared to what TS already has, so expecting something like having more recording options/more tuners etc....
It will be nice to see & compare new DVRs from TS as well as reported Dishtv DVR in new year.

Tata Sky STB is already advanced and way better than any other DTH available in India.

I wish the same news goes true for DishTV which has the worst STB specially for HD+.

I want new TS HD + box with following features :

1. It should have Android kitkat (4.4) so when I say "Ok Tatasky" it should accept my voice commands to do all the stuffs like changing channel, volume, go to particular channel, play my recordings, etc.:lol
2. It should also accept motion control for all these stuffs.:shy
3. It should also have DLNA capabilities so we can use it as Digital media player to play all over network media file over wifi or LAN.;)
4. Support for Miracast should be there for screen mirroring. So if I want to play games, edit any document or anything else from windows 8.1 laptop or from android mobile to big tv screen it all work with Tata sky itself. :huh
5. Inbuilt wifi with 1 TB HDD is must.:p
6. As we already have 2 tuner PIP or PAP would give a great boost as we can see two live channels.:clap

With all these facilities it should cost around 8-10k then it wii a deal breaker. :luv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock