TATA(sky postponed launching of new advanced STB

RE: TATA(sky is about to launch new advenced STB along with many new feature in 2014

Then TS can consider enabling PVR functionality for users so that they can use their own hard drives.

RE: TATA(sky is about to launch new advenced STB along with many new feature in 2014

Hope they will launch this in future

Almost every other DTH has launched/enabled PVR functionality, its just a matter of enabling ports so I dont think its a great deal from TS end, just decision making is required.

The only legal issue with enabling PVR functionality it the 'Copyrights Issue' of the respective channels. If Tata Sky can enable encryption on the PVR, the recorded content can only be played-back on TS STB and not elsewhere even if copied to a PC. That way TS can address the copyrights issue and at the same time provide the much awaited PVR functionality without breaking the rules.

any launch date?

May be TS launch new DVR/PVR in Apr this year after next phase of digitization starts.....

i came to know that tatasky is planning to launch android stb

Android STB by TS with streaming capability/DLNA would be nice thing for customers.....

If android STB means video,audio and images would play via USB also and even WiFi could be access and even video streaming could be done

NinadG said:
May be TS launch new DVR/PVR in Apr this year after next phase of digitization starts.....

I am also thinking that.:tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock