TATA(sky postponed launching of new advanced STB

RE: TATA(sky is about to launch new advenced STB along with many new feature in 2014

I am expecting new SD stb instead of HD.

Bcoz ts is price conscious now at 2k u all get HD stb, new SD stb all also price in same range with many feature

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

RE: TATA(sky is about to launch new advenced STB along with many new feature in 2014

Bcoz ts + HD is already so advance, and customer is still not willing to pay 7k for that,

So no point in further increasing stb price to reduce sales and increase in marketing and Advt expenses. 8_10k is not acceptable where customer are buying led TV I range of 20 to 60k.

Those who purchase 1lakh worth TV, will buy all other advance accessories like bku ray, HT, so for them existing stb is sufficient.

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

Looking forward to this

Ëř Vasim Shaikh said:
I want new TS HD + box with following features :

1. It should have Android kitkat (4.4) so when I say "Ok Tatasky" it should accept my voice commands to do all the stuffs like changing channel, volume, go to particular channel, play my recordings, etc.:lol
2. It should also accept motion control for all these stuffs.:shy
3. It should also have DLNA capabilities so we can use it as Digital media player to play all over network media file over wifi or LAN.;)
4. Support for Miracast should be there for screen mirroring. So if I want to play games, edit any document or anything else from windows 8.1 laptop or from android mobile to big tv screen it all work with Tata sky itself. :huh
5. Inbuilt wifi with 1 TB HDD is must.:p
6. As we already have 2 tuner PIP or PAP would give a great boost as we can see two live channels.:clap

With all these facilities it should cost around 8-10k then it wii a deal breaker. :luv

Good option.

Ëř Vasim Shaikh said:

1. It should have Android kitkat (4.4) so when I say "Ok Tatasky" it should accept my voice commands to do all the stuffs like changing channel, volume, go to particular channel, play my recordings, etc.:lol
2. It should also accept motion control for all these stuffs.:shy
3. It should also have DLNA capabilities so we can use it as Digital media player to play all over network media file over wifi or LAN.;)
4. Support for Miracast should be there for screen mirroring. So if I want to play games, edit any document or anything else from windows 8.1 laptop or from android mobile to big tv screen it all work with Tata sky itself. :huh
5. Inbuilt wifi with 1 TB HDD is must.:p
6. As we already have 2 tuner PIP or PAP would give a great boost as we can see two live channels.:clap

With all these facilities it should cost around 8-10k then it wii a deal breaker. :luv

:skd Too much expectation within a price tag of just 8-10k.

Ëř Vasim Shaikh said:

1. .....

I think atleast last feature is definitely possible with new STB or even possible with new FW update, viewer can enjoy mosaic or customised PIP, remaining many features are possible just by SW.

Considering the personality of the parent company, the Tata Group, it is unlikely that Tata Sky would enable USB media recording. Even if it did, it would encrypt the recorded content so that it can be played-back only on the STB and not on the PC.

There are rumours that TS will be launching DVR with 3 tuners but no news about TS launching PVR.

They do not have ethernet port in HD STB...that could be one improvement as without this they can not have VoD enabled in HD STB.

Another thing I want is...many building would not allow double wires...if they can find better way to deal with dual tuner with single wire...may be some sofisticated double wire, which appears as single wire as far as physical appearance is concerned.

One more thing...if STB signal can be transferred to different rooms wirelessly, it will be easier for a viewer.

Vod require hard drive to store movie. I think that's why they don't provide Ethernet.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock