Threat sms on deactive stb of adtv

By the way, where is terms and conditions of adtv on their website. I search all visibly accessible corner of adtv website but could not find.

NinadG said:
Why Bro...Customers are actually paying the cost of equipment (even though things may be different on signed contract) considering market price of the equipment.
I dont think ADTV will actually sue customer although they may threaten him & may send someone to collect it sighting contract. No other DTH is doing this irrespective of contracts.
Sueing customer will give undue publicity to ADTV & then Trai/govt may be forced to come forward to force DTH.
Its better to raise voice & let Trai/govt force DTH to change contract terms. Trai is not going to it unless people complain about it.
Lease contract may be suitable if customer is given equipments on some monthly lease & then if customer wants to stop subscription then DTH can collect equipment. Such agreements are followed by DTH in many countries but in India, customer is forced to pay for equipment at market price & that to on lease contract.:-/
DTH keeps complaining that they are procuring STBs at much higher price than they are selling it to customer but actually they may be simply lying as they want to make profit or they are selling it at concessional rate in rural area & compensating it by charging more to urban users.

Yes,you are right bro..but if customer is not gonna use STB then what's the point of keeping it ...

pphanse81 said:
Yes,you are right bro..but if customer is not gonna use STB then what's the point of keeping it ...

Simply because customer has paid for it. Also if in future you want to reactivate a/c & want to use, then its useful.
You can use ADTV dish along with other DTH STB & save some money.
Or you may even want to sell it!

From which mobile number u got SMS

Or it comes fro. Short code like AT_DGTLTV?

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

I do not have details about the sender number. But they have sent to RNT of my friend. I did not ask him all details as such.

Please try to get all details about this SMS such as senders no. or its short code, timestamp details. Also take screenshot of the SMS & tell friend not to delete the SMS. Also take backup of the SMS incase if its required in future. I think one should immediately take screenshot / printout of such SMS as sometime sender company may send self-destructing SMS.

Absolutely rubbish. Don't worry nobody will sue you. And nobody will come to take your equipment back.

DestinyAwaits said:
I also got a legal notice mail from Airtel on giving the broadband dues.
I gave it cause its not worth fighting with them at that time though it was there mistake... :)

If anytime it comes on me for returning the DTH STB etc.. I will not care for being sued.. :)

Bro do you have that mail from Airtel? pl post it so that readers will atleast know the content & language of the email...:hello

ADTv is the worse service I have experienced. They are so pathetic. They only give us false hopes and THE CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVES ARE ALL ILLITERATES. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT WE SPEAK AND GIVE US ALL CRAP REPLY. Even I am fully fed up with their services. Their cost is more and services are USELESS. I am now planning to change my DTH provider.

NinadG said:
Bro do you have that mail from Airtel? pl post it so that readers will atleast know the content & language of the email...:hello

No mail...only an SMS came, that too to my friend. I can ask him to provide exact text, but gist was as follows...

"Please return the STB to address "X" by date "Y" otherwise a legal action will be taken against you"

Background of this is that my friend has stopped using his SD box and now uses HD DVR of ADTV...from last 6 months he kept getting calls to recharge his box every week...meaning he has received at least 20 such calls...he was told that if he does not recharge, stb will be blocked.

But now suddenly he has got this SMS.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock