To keep airtel HD or move to tata sky HD

• Thread starter Drajay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 3,120

Drajay

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I stay in haryana. I am having airtel dth hd from last 1 and half year. I am relocating to new location so needed to uninstall AdTv and reinstall at new location. Now my dilemma is whether to keep AdTv or buy tata sky hd?
I am having now HD package on airtel with base pack of 270 rupees with total of 501 rs per month.
My main interest is having max number of hd channels with some basic plan and regional news channel.
Problem with AdTv is one it's stb is hanging always like I press the channel and stb responds late with lagging evident. Also one channel I like in tata sky is India news haryana which I would like to have.
Now some vendor has proposed me tata sky hd connection for 3500 rs for 1 year with dhamaal mix pack with hd access for one year. Condition is that he would use dish of airtel for my tata sky connection. Or he would charge 1000 rs extra for dish etc.
Also thinking about package, it would cost me less than AdTv.
Query is that whether I wud get all hd channels in this pack or only dhamaal mix pack? If dhamaal mix pack only, then I would like to go for monthly pack of tata sky which gives all hd channels with base pack of 99 with hd access fee which should not exceed 450 or max 500.i would like to have India news haryana in tata sky firmly.
I have recently seen threads of my 99 pack in airtel which I was not aware of. So in airtel also my expenditure wud reduce with 99 +hd package of 225?

I am willing to go for tata sky and asking forum members to solve my query which would be best scenario among these?

Tata Sky following :hd Access fee policy, in this policy you will get the :hd channels corresponding to your base pack...:k If you want maximum :hd channels, you should subscribe to the highest base pack...:s

Tata sky loots our money...package cost is more compared to other DTH...

How to solve lagging problem of airtel stb. After pressing of remote, stb led blinks but response of changing of channel comes very late like few seconds. I have another dth connection of videocon at my home which has no lag with respect to changing channel. Signal reception delay is accepted in every dth. channel changing is gud in d2h but in AdTv it lags. I just look here and there when I change channel in AdTv. It looks like it awakes from sleep.

@ Drajay
TATA sky hd connection for 3700 rs for 1 year with dhamaal mix pack with hd access for one year.
complete setup (dish, Lnb, Wire, HD stb + Installation) @ amazon.in
no extra charges..

Drajay said:
How to solve lagging problem of airtel stb. After pressing of remote, stb led blinks but response of changing of channel comes very late like few seconds. I have another dth connection of videocon at my home which has no lag with respect to changing channel. Signal reception delay is accepted in every dth.   channel changing is gud in d2h but in AdTv it lags. I just look here and there when I change channel in AdTv. It looks like it awakes from sleep.

contact customer care  ask to replace your box i have both airtel hd and tata sky hd not face any problem if you move to tata sky you will not get pvr recording via usb in normal hd box you have to buy hd plus box it would cost you more

Go for ₹6700 new Tatasky Annual ultra pack plan....that mean u r paying ₹547.50 per month to get 52 HD channels

Saj 007 said:
Tata Sky following :hd Access fee policy, in this policy you will get the :hd channels corresponding to your base pack...:k If you want maximum :hd channels, you should subscribe to the highest base pack...:s

So, Saj bro, Are you saying to get the Eng Ent/movie channels in HD, I need to be in Ultra pack? I thought, let's say. I'm in flexi pack(99) and add the Eng Movie/Eng Ent channels and then pay 175 as HD access fee.. I thought I will be getting those Eng Movie/Ent corresponding HD channels including SWP.. Won't I be getting?

So, D2H and Tata Sky follows same policy then? :(

So, Saj bro, Are you saying to get the Eng Ent/movie channels in HD, I need to be in Ultra pack? I thought, let's say. I'm in flexi pack(99) and add the Eng Movie/Eng Ent channels and then pay 175 as HD access fee.. I thought I will be getting those Eng Movie/Ent corresponding HD channels including SWP.. Won't I be getting?

In Tata Sky If you choose 99 pack + eng movie / Ent add-ons + HD access fee , you will get the corresponding hd channels of the add-on channels too with SWP HD(available with eng entertainment add-on )..:tup

Yes you can take English movies and entertainment add on with 99 pack and pay ₹175 to get HD chs. But I think it's not beneficial for you. In general HD access gives you benefit only if you subscribe higher base  pack

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock