Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,813
Today i called Tatasky cc to clear all my doubt
Cc say 193 fta channels free they not charged extra just like 100 slot
I pay only 100 pay channels price + ncf

Without naming Tata Sky, the TRAI also said that it has been receiving hundreds of complaints intimating that one of the DTH (Direct to home) service provider is not providing options to its subscribers to exercise their choices and providing misleading information in regard to the implementation of the new framework. The authority has taken up the matter.

TRAI claims 40% of TV consumers have exercised options under new pricing regime - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI

Anyone has any idea about the 15% discount rule in the TRAI order? Is it removed from the order completely? Or is it still in court? @Basil

This is what TRAI says in FAQ
13. Whether there is a capping on discount while forming the bouquets?

Tariff Order puts a cap of 15 % meaning thereby any bouquet price cannot be less than 85% of the sum of a a-la-carte rates of pay channels constituting that bouquet. However, Hon’ble High Court of Madras has struck down this clause for the bouquets being made by the broadcasters stating that the clause putting cap of 15% of discount on the MRP of a bouquet is not enforceable. In this regard the Authority has approached Hon’ble Supreme Court which has not agreed to. As such, at present, the 15% cap is not being implemented for the bouquets being made by the broadcasters.

Make sure you record that conversation as a proof

aUd50Cx.jpg

These will be channels paying carriage fee to them and thus being provided max reach. If they decide to charge extra NCF then nost will not be subscribed hence this route taken. Don't mistake it as a kind gesture by them.

Other operators will do same specially shopping , religious and local fta regional news channels will be given at no additional cost

Last edited:
The fair reflection of present scenario

TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Your Subscription Will Cost More, Or Channel Selection Will Suffer

The takeaway from this exercise is that yes, while TRAI’s mission to make television subscriptions more affordable is justified, it could have simply started out by capping the channel prices for ala-carte and broadcaster bundles, and left it at that. At present, it is scraping out more than one layer unnecessarily, which is going to end up being counter-productive. The TV subscription cost is going up. Or your channel selection is being cut significantly. We really don’t understand the need for completely tearing apart the current subscription packages, which could have done with regulation such as a price ceiling. There is also no clarity on what happens if you have a multi-tv subscription at home—would you pay for two separate tariff plans for each set top box?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock