Unlock Set Top Box

AsitPaul

Contributor
Reaction score
According to TRAI DTH Licensing Terms & Conditions, STB should be open and if consumers want to discontinue subscription, he can easily watch fta or dd direct channels.

But now all providers blocked fta viewing by locking their STBs . So if a consumer want to terminate subscription, the stb is nothing other than a junk.

We can lodge our complains against our respective providers so that TRAI can take action and providers are made to Unlocal their STB through Software Update.

Whats your opinion? Do you want a Locked or Unlocked STB?

Loadge ur complains here

:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::

Under Department of Telecommunication.

Agree, actually Private DTH operators don't want to loose customers as many time they increase the prices and change the terms by which they get profit but lose is of customers. So they fear about it.

All govt. Is corrupted. Dont except by this govt. And "vaise bhi bade businessman ye govt. Chala rahe hai"

But according to the terms we sign when we acquire a new dth connection the STB and other equipments (CPE) belong to the provider itself. So we cant expect them to unlock it. I dont think, even govt. can do anything in this.

mmadhankumar said:
But according to the terms we sign when we acquire a new dth connection the STB and other equipments (CPE) belong to the provider itself. So we cant expect them to unlock it. I dont think, even govt. can do anything in this.

I dont know whether its true or not, when we buy a new dth connection we get the set top box, dish lnb etc all paid, we buy the equipment from service provider and only take the service. But here in chennai lots of people try to cheat, once when one local fellow came to install dish in my house he deliberately told LNB is gone and demanded 550 rs for new lnb, then he installed one second hand lnb for rs.150/- which he told was collected from defaulting subscribers of tata sky, i wanted to tell him ki qtiyapa mat karo a new lnb costs rs.150 why would anyone collect the lnb dish from defaulting subscribers, then i thought it is better to keep quiet, then from ritchie st. i got new lnb for rs.150/ and fixed it.

Once we buy the equipment the stb all is ours only the access or service is given by them. So ideally seeing the STB should be manufactured such that if we remove viewing card / smart card we should be able to use the stb as FTA ie. receive all FTA channels on that satellite. This is what an ideal STB should do. But even GOvt doesnt pay heed to this .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock