Videocon D2H Channels Quality

• Thread starter scuzzy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 17,256

scuzzy

Reaction score
I purchased the annual South HD platinum package today from Videocon and here is my initial impression of the services.

As my Tata Sky Hd Annual Mega package (been using for past 3 years) subscription comes to end tomorrow i decided to move to Videocon D2H after hearing that they offer the highest no of HD channels, best value for price and very good broadcast quality.

However i must mention that their broadcast quality is disappointing. I have a 42 inch Panasonic Plasma and all the channels including HD appear to be blown up with color levels not pleasing to the eye at all. Even the sound levels are very bad compared to Tata Sky. There is a clear difference between the HD channel quality of videocon vs Tata sky (Five people @ my home immediately noticed the quality difference)

The HD channels on tata sky are really good with better quality than videocon. Some of the SD channels quality also seem to be under par with that of Tata sky. Overall it has been a very disappointing migration.

Since i am now stuck with this for an year i have to manage somehow with the poor quality. The only place where Videocon scores is the cost. Had tata sky not increased their prices by 1200 (HD access fee) i would have never opted for this move..

i and having videocon d2h hd stb and find the quality of hd channels amazing. yes in sd channels, they need improvement as stb shows bluish tint in colors. sound quality is also amazing

Me too, love the quality of recently purchased d2h hd on my 42 inch plasma panasonic
And 32 inch Onida... Led.

I agree with scuzzy.
Even I have used Tatasky HD and Videocon D2H HD,
Picture quality on Tatasky HD is better.
But because of the price and No. of HD channels, I prefer Videocon D2H HD…
i am using a LG 42inch 2D LED TV.

I also agree with Scuzzy.

Tatasky PQ is far better then D2h PQ.

In SD PQ comparison the difference between the two increases as Tatasky leads in this also

scuzzy said:
I purchased the annual South HD platinum package today from Videocon and here is my initial impression of the services.

As my Tata Sky Hd Annual Mega package (been using for past 3 years) subscription comes to end tomorrow i decided to move to Videocon D2H after hearing that they offer the highest no of HD channels, best value for price and very good broadcast quality.

However i must mention that their broadcast quality is disappointing. I have a 42 inch Panasonic Plasma and all the channels including HD appear to be blown up with color levels not pleasing to the eye at all. Even the sound levels are very bad compared to Tata Sky. There is a clear difference between the HD channel quality of videocon vs Tata sky (Five people @ my home immediately noticed the quality difference)

The HD channels on tata sky are really good with better quality than videocon. Some of the SD channels quality also seem to be under par with that of Tata sky. Overall it has been a very disappointing migration.

Since i am now stuck with this for an year i have to manage somehow with the poor quality. The only place where Videocon scores is the cost. Had tata sky not increased their prices by 1200 (HD access fee) i would have never opted for this move..

your tv settings are not proper. pl adjust your tv settings.:skd:skd

I can't comment on the quality difference between 2 services. But IMHO, when ever you change the input source of a TV, the TV picture needs to be calibrated. Most people complain about picture quality without even touching the picture settings. Most of the TVs are set to Dynamic color mode in TVs, when you switch it on. Generally recommended settings can be found for most of the TVs here- Untitled Document That is also not perfect as your picture settings depends on your ambient lighting, your taste etc.

Bro zero7, picture quality mean not only adjusting colour. It is pixellation due to high compression makes the picture to worst bro. How can you adjust the pixellation. It is from dths end only and this can be fixed by them only through reducing the compression of picture.:)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock