Videocon d2h HD software updated - USB Recording enabled

• Thread starter Ahmar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 217
  • Views: Views 165,871
Timkamat wrote D2H has launched new STB with out of box USB recording, is it available in the market ?

Today a D2H technician came to my place. He too told me the same thing. D2H has launched a new STB with out of the box usb recording. 200 rs activation charges & 30 rs per month charge for that service.

BTW, I had a technical issue with my old STB which D2H has replaced under warranty. Whenever I set the output siganl to 1080i50, it only sent 720p50 to both of my tvs, one led & other plasma panel.

Now with the new replaced STB, it does send 1080p50 when you select 1080i50 output in the menu of your D2H STB. So D2H indeed does 1080i > 1080p conversion via a STB I guess.
Anyone having the above issue, should change his STB if under warranty.

I will add a second D2H STB in coming days & will keep you posted about this new STB :)

Yogi7272 said:
Today a D2H technician came to my place. He too told me the same thing. D2H has launched a new STB with out of the box usb recording. 200 rs activation charges & 30 rs per month charge for that service.

BTW, I had a technical issue with my old STB which D2H has replaced under warranty. Whenever I set the output siganl to 1080i50, it only sent 720p50 to both of my tvs, one led & other plasma panel.

Now with the new replaced STB, it does send 1080p50 when you select 1080i50 output in the menu of your D2H STB. So D2H indeed does 1080i > 1080p conversion via a STB I guess.
Anyone having the above issue, should change his STB if under warranty.

I will add a second D2H STB in coming days & will keep you posted about this new STB :)

Can you please confirm your model whether it is a HD DVR or HD STB? Also whether 1080i is the signal transmitted by the satellite and 1080i to 1080p upscaling is done by STB?

I have the old model DVR with 1080i output.

Not that 1080i to 1080p is going to produce a visible quality difference but just trying to understand.

@buBleZ - Its HD Zapper STB. Sattellite transmission ofcourse 1080i max, this 1080i >1080p conversion is done by STB hardware.

Does make a very noticable difference when watching sports on my LG 32" 3D LED tv which I guess is only 50hz model. 1080i signal just dont cut as far as smooth motion goes.

Will update once I get the new STB2222 for this 32" tv.

Yogi7272 said:
@buBleZ - Its HD Zapper STB. Sattellite transmission ofcourse 1080i max, this 1080i >1080p conversion is done by STB hardware.

Does make a very noticable difference when watching sports on my LG 32" 3D LED tv which I guess is only 50hz model. 1080i signal just dont cut as far as smooth motion goes.

Will update once I get the new STB2222 for this 32" tv.

Oh, thanks for the update on 1080p quality difference. Do keep us posted when the new STB arrives. USB recoding especially and whether the recordings can be transferred to PC.

Hi, I have D2H HD settop box and 40" Samsung 3D HD TV. Please advise how to change the output to full HD 1080p.

I tried calling their customer care number but the executive there is not even aware of 1080i/1080p :wall

I tried to connect My New "WD My Passport Ultra 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0" with STB model 2233 for recording. STB detect it easily and asked for format the drive. I press OK. formatting drive started.. after 40 Minutes formatting Stops and message on screen "Drive cannot use anymore".
What is the solution for this issue? As I already talked with videocon customer care, they have no technical solution. Hard drive is perfectly working with windows 7.

plz give it me.............................:):':)sp:luv:(:(:(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock