Which channels have a dark future according to you?

Sonic Saxton

Reaction score
This thread is just to know what your thoughts are regarding the dark future of the channels. I mean what do you think which channels have the highest chance to cease broadcasting or shut down?? I'm just asking your views. I don't know where this thread actually should I post. if it's in wrong section I request moderators to move to appropriate section.
in my view, the channels which I think will shut down in future are:
1. Big RTL Thrill: low viewership, content not upto the mark, not popular, distribution is bad. I think it will shut shop as Big CBS.
2. NDTV Profit / Prime: this channel was once good but now it's struggling. even after relaunch it couldn't attract much viewers.
3. Jia News: news was that this channel will shut down soon.
4. TEN Golf: less distribution, very costly, and zee has a history of shutting down less popular channels.
5. World Movies: no movie library, once hood this channel now repeats 6-10 movies every week. also this channel is removed by many cable and dth operators.

please post your suggestions.

according to me in Tamil channels :

1.Makkal TV - Having poor program content :s
2.Kalaignar TV - Having less viewership,constantly having programs against the ruling AIADMK :WALL

I don't know about any channels dark future but dish TVs future will be very dark if they don't add star sports HD channels before India tour of England :k

Sahara One => Lowest TRP
NEO Sports & NEO Prime => Losting Almost all rights

RTL Thrill > quite a bogus chnl, shows reruns
9X > shows teleshopping, wonder why dont they rename d chnl to teleshopping only :hehe
Sahara One > declining viewership
Filmy > very less collection of movies
Trace sports > Content not acc to Indian audiences
ITV Choice > poor mkting, less revenue from ads
Cartoon network > Giving it a desi touch... poor cartoons, bad dubbings :damn

9X0 > Roping in some of the newest n finest songs ( thus wud be paying big bucks to get d video/audio rights for d chnl), but very less ads... non availibility on majority of dth platforms, not much revenue any which ways.... this chnl will finally succumb to carriage fees :s

Yugendran said:
according to me in Tamil channels :

1.Makkal TV - Having poor program content :s
2.Kalaignar TV - Having less viewership,constantly having programs against the ruling AIADMK :WALL

Nopes, both are political party based channels so they will continue to broadcast until the respective party stays alive.

Maanaada Mayilaada in Kalaignar TV seems to have good traffic.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock