Why has the government made it mandatory to have a set top box?

vishtel

Reaction score
By the end of the month cable will snap off and all those without a set top box will find their TV of no use. My question is after all these years why has the government now made it mandatory to have a set top box? If it wasn't necessary before how come all of a sudden it gains prime importance to have a set top box. Also, I have heard DTH providers are vulnerable to rain, they offer costly packages, unfavorable packaging system. I am pretty satisfied with my cable provider. The government just found another source to mint money, I guess and DTH forums are assisting the government in their endeavour.

see bro our govt will not listen to the ordinary citizen like you and me. they take their own decisions. this mandatory digitization there are many big players who will take money. half of money will go to minister's pocket and half of money will go to dth operators by selling set top boxes in all 4 metros.

Analouge is outdated, I don't know how can peope even bare with that antique stuff! No offence.

but analogue is good in terms of price. you will be surprised to know that in our area the cable wala charged only 85 INR pm for about 90 main analog channels without set top box though i have a dth connection.

so i feel this analogue signal is good for poor people who cannot afford me because in dth the price start from 200 INR per month and in case of local cable/MSO providing set top box the price starts from 160pm.

But yes, its like a good move by them as you will be digitilized and can enjoy channels of your choice with better picture quality and this costs a bit more but good afterall..

Analouge cable is less expensive because the quality they provide is less too. And generally you'll notice that all the english channels are in the last of all channels, which means extremley poor picture and sound quality.

More revenues , due to more transparency in the cable system with digitization. :c

world is changing.so we should run according to the changeable world.....think about usa and uk.which type of technology they are using????so pls change your mind and proud that we are growing.......donot blame govt.....new technology will rock the country

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock