Why this strategy against the old customers??

Reaction score
I have a Tata Sky connection, the old STB, since 2008. I have subscribed to Dhamaal Mix Pack + Punjabi + Others (annually). And I could not be able to see the following channels all because of Tata Sky's bad strategy of adding the channels into that category/segments in which the boxes were not been replaced with the one having MPEG4 technology:
* News Express
* News Nation
* NE TV
* MH One Shraddha
* Ramdhenu TV
* Shalom TV
* Home Shop 18
* DD Malayalam
* Z Marudhara
Now till they will be able to replace the box (free of cost), can they give compensation to me as all the above mentioned channels are part of my packs that I have already subscribed and cannot watch because of their stupid strategy. Is this not a fraud act from their side? They are increasing their subscribers day by day by doing so many attracting things, that's good as it is a part of marketing strategy. But as an old customer I want to know that why they not even think of the old customers before taking all these decisions? Why should I pay Rs. 500 for the replacement? I need free replacement and yes I can't wait (since they are not giving any compensation)

Did u call cc ? Tell them u need no warranty then no money required. It's free

You should ask for free STB replacement if you are not able to view migrated channels you are subscribed to because of your mpeg2 STB.
Send email to TS CEO & ask for free replacement or TS should pay the compensation if its agreeable to you for the migrated channels.

Already done everything but no positive response. Even they are insisting me to take the box by paying an amount of Rs.500 and it will be revert back after the replacement but I'm afraid as they are not guarranting me on this.

Very bad move from Tata Sky, never expect this from them. There is no value of old subscribers from their end. Please think before buying.....

What is Your 2nd Free Regional Pack ?

Aayush Aggarwal said:
Already done everything but no positive response. Even they are insisting me to take the box by paying an amount of Rs.500 and it will be revert back after the replacement but I'm afraid as they are not guarranting me on this.

Very bad move from Tata Sky, never expect this from them. There is no value of old subscribers from their end. Please think before buying.....

Rs 500 is for 1 year warranty. If u want then go ahead or if u want one month warranty then it's(replacement of old MP2 box) free. Millions of old customers are getting it free then why not u ? Check this link

Tata Sky DTH terms & conditions, Digital TV, DTH India

1000 Cr For Migration Is Mainly Spend By tata Sky For Box Changing

Prashanta said:
What is Your 2nd Free Regional Pack ?

It doesn't matter as TS has added hindi news in mp4 which is present in all base pack.

Aayush Aggarwal said:

Send email to TS CEO about all this & mention that as TS is doing mpeg4 migration, its their obligation to provide mpeg4 STB wiyhout any charge.
Insist on STB replacement free of charge. Inform them that you will have to complain to Trai & consumer court & get TS reply on email.
Post all this on various social media websites like FB/Twitter & different forums.
Please update about TS reply so that all readers would come to know about TS policy as this may be affecting many customers.

bro if you want to replace your stb free of cost you can subscribe Eng. movies or marathi pack(free) as tata sky migrate under this catagory channel and then you'll b eligible for upgrade your stb free of cost, bro i'm also from north india and i'm using annual Supreme sports kids pack(+ eng mov pack for 5 rs under jing sat offer on 18 jan 2014) wnen MGM channel is convert into mpeg4 formet i've change my stb free of cost

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock