Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was competition earlier too, but did the charges come down? If the cable was not profitable then why there was such a huge demand from politicians and goons for control of cable network like liquor shops? None of the DTH operators were a loss-making company. Even someone like Reliance DTH who burned their fingers in almost all business made a profit in DTH.
Why can't the government distribute pay channels in DD freed dish? Only who need encrypted channels need to buy the encryption receiver. Based on revenue sharing even FTA channels, not in DD free dish platform now will come to that. BSNL can handle this business as they have a vast distribution network and office set up in all places for customer care.

Broadcasters are free to participate in DD auction and distribute pay chs in DDFD, nothing in law prevents them from doing so. Infact currently many pay chs are already available in DDFD. Now if you are asking ch addition without auction process then that cannot be done as if Govt do this then opposition parties will say that Govt only carry those broadcasers in ddfd which favour them in their news chs and so there is some under the table agreement between them.

Last edited:
Broadcasters are free to participate in DD auction and distribute pay chs in DDFD, nothing in law prevents them from doing so. Infact currently many pay chs are already available in DDFD. Now if you are asking ch addition without auction process then that cannot be done as if Govt do this then opposition parties will say that Govt only carry those broadcasers in ddfd which favour them in their news chs and so there is some under the table agreement between them.
This means in coming days without paying single penny we will watch star networks, SPN Viacom& zeel channels
Government will pay our rent

This means in coming days without paying single penny we will watch star networks, SPN Viacom& zeel channels
Government will pay our rent

If Govt has to pay tv chs subscription then money has to come from somewhere else in the form of taxes, most probably from fuel as it generate tax for Govt instanteneously.

Actually we love to have 200/300 Channels in our cable connection no matter whether we watch just 10/15 at most 30/50 sometime 50/70 rarely
This reality TRAI doesn't want to know
Now lets calculate HD H/E Packs available at DishTV site
https://www.dishtv.in/App_Documents/Document/List-Of-Brodcaster-Bouquets.pdf
Right now i am on South All Sports without HD and English Movies
But if i subscribe
₹93 Bouquet 27 - Happy India Platinum HD
₹50 Hindi Family HD
₹85 Zee All-in-1 Pack Hindi HD
₹20 Times Bouquet 1 HD
₹120 Hind HD premium
₹20 Miscellaneous Channels i missed to Add
-----------
₹388+18% & then ₹153 too ?
If yes where it's differs from existing system ?
And situation becomes more complicated if you are multilingual viewer !!
Most of don't mind to pay up to ₹400 inclusive all,
And with this new system many less popular channels my become history too.

Last edited:
Actually we love to have 200/300 Channels in our cable connection no matter whether we watch just 10/15 at most 30/50 sometime 50/70 rarely
This reality TRAI doesn't want to know
Now lets calculate HD H/E Packs available at DishTV site
https://www.dishtv.in/App_Documents/Document/List-Of-Brodcaster-Bouquets.pdf
Right now i am on South All Sports without HD and English Movies
But if i subscribe
₹93 Bouquet 27 - Happy India Platinum HD
₹50 Hindi Family HD
₹85 Zee All-in-1 Pack Hindi HD
₹20 Times Bouquet 1 HD
₹120 Hind HD premium
₹20 Miscellaneous Channels i missed to Add
-----------
₹388+18% & then ₹153 too ?
If yes where it's differs from existing system ?
And situation becomes more complicated if you are multilingual viewer !!
Most of don't mind to pay up to ₹400 inclusive all,
And with this new system many less popular channels my become history too.
You forget to add extra charges for extra space u need because if u select all bouquet then you have to pay so much high charges for channels space also just like 153 u have to pay 20 rs per 25 channels space and this count 2 channel for hd channels

TRAIs New tariff order will affect ARP renewed and Annual acquisition customers?
1. If no how?
2. If no have any press release or videos available?

You forget to add extra charges for extra space u need because if u select all bouquet then you have to pay so much high charges for channels space also just like 153 u have to pay 20 rs per 25 channels space and this count 2 channel for hd channels
And matter becomes more complicated for almost 90% viewers who always prefers simple plan in understandable format.
Wonder how this rule is in favor of consumers ?
& what is Free here ?
In reality it's extra expansive than any of previous plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock