Breaking All IPL matches on Doordarshan

what ?? :ouch::ouch::skd::skd:

What the heck is this :wall::wall:
Exactly few years ago when i was having ddfd only that time they did not telecast it and now when iam having dth they are telecasting.Always my bad luck:verysad:
But how can they telecast it it is not a match of national importance maybe star sports made some deal with them

Last edited:
Should be happy for Free Dish users and people who could not afford to pay, they will get chance to view cricket matches.
I can't support betrayed

Its unhealthy business though people get benefit

If private broadcaster's refused to telecast the ipl matches in future what will happen do u think ipl will go on ??

Surely not then young cricketers only the sufferer

Surely star wil move to court & should move too

Feel sorry for Star if they were not informed about this before bidding. If Broadcasters knew this then they would have bid a little lower.
Also why are they forcefully telecasting it on DD? Star already has a channel on DDFD, so if it is telecasted on Star Sports First then it will be win-win for everybody.

Anyways all DTHs will block the channel when match is being telecasted

They have the right to renegotiate the deal with BCCI if rules are changed by BCCI in midway, that's how contract works, not only DTH but also for cable and iptv as well, I am sure DD feed is only for DDFD and terrestrial users

I can't support betrayed

If private broadcaster's refused to telecast the ipl matches in future what will happen do u think ipl will go on ??

I am not 100% sure but sharing feed with DD would generate extra revenue for Star as well because DD would share revenue with Star. And I don't think Star would be quite if they are losing revenue, they are business people and would know what to do to generate revenue.

Anyways telecasting matches where National Team plays makes more sense but telecasting IPL looks strange to me.

It's almost confirmed that it is for DDFD and terrestrial network as Govt plan to make it sports of national importance

Massive move to make cricket universal: All IPL games to be broadcast on Doordarshan soon - Republic World

In a massive super exclusive newsbreak, sources tell Republic TV that all matches of the Indian Premier League will soon be broadcast on Doordarshan. Sources say that the Information and Broadcasting Industry has been pushing for IPL matches to be broadcast on the national broadcaster and now, in a dramatic turn of events, the Sports Ministry is likely to support the proposal. The big move has been in the making for the past two to three weeks. While till date, the billion-dollar tournament was only broadcasted on private networks, the upcoming move by the Government of India will help take cricket to a wider audience as opposed to the smaller audience catered to by private channels.

I can't support betrayed

Yes it can never be a league of national importance i came to know that even bcci is not supporting it they are forced by प्रसारण मंत्री

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock