Breaking All IPL matches on Doordarshan

If means dth networks are scapegoat here then

Unless people start moving to DD Free Dish from other DTH's they should be good and I don't think that would happen.

People like us who use DTH will still pay for Sports channels on DTH so no loss for DTH as of now.

Hope so. BTW BCCI is not changing the rules. I&B ministry headed by Smriti Irani, is forcing every1 :wall:

What Govt can do is announce some event(IPL here) as sports of National importance then Broadcaster of that sports is bound to share live ad free feed to DD, but then Supreme court rule comes into play which says private DTH/Cable/IPTV cannot use DD feed and DD Feed is only for DDFD and DD's own terrestrial network. So it's win win for everyone

Last edited:
I am not 100% sure but sharing feed with DD would generate extra revenue for Star as well because DD would share revenue with Star. And I don't think Star would be quite if they are losing revenue, they are business people and would know what to do to generate revenue.

Anyways telecasting matches where National Team plays makes more sense but telecasting IPL looks strange to me.
They will loose as advertiser will also invest in ad in dd national reducing their revenue.
I think star sports luck is very bad as whichever right they pick up goes to doordarshan earlier home match and now ipl I think sony got away for ten years :wink:

Last edited:
This will surely make Doordarshan strong in number of viewers and revenue.
Could be a turnaround on reviving of Doordarshan.

They will loose as advertiser will also invest in ad in dd national reducing their revenue.
I think star sports luck is very bad as whichever right they pick up goes to doordarshan earlier home match and now iplI think sony got away for ten years :wink:

It will be foolish to think that Rupert Murdoch is here just to waste his Billion dollar empire on India. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock