Breaking All IPL matches on Doordarshan

Thread is related ipl live on doordarshan.
But previous post focus on star other channel.what need of these post....star sports have right to broadcast ipl.

India has such a strong presence in Cricket is only because of these broadcasters. Neither the government nor Doordarshan can do what these private channels have done for cricket in India. They have every right to reap the benefits of their investments. It's just cheap publicity from the government.

Don't forget it's dd who planted seed of cricket in india . Now all private broadcasters are enjoying froots of that seed

Everyone forgetting that dd getting less revenue for shared live cricket feed due to lack of advertiser's and also sharing revenue with the rights holder.
Once in a interview Prasar Bharathi chairman told that due to government order we are forced to telecast live cricket with out any revenue for public interest.

Don't forget it's dd who planted seed of cricket in india . Now all private broadcasters are enjoying froots of that seed
Agreed That DD planted the Roots, But Cricket Broadcasts have come far, from what DD started, just because of the quality provided by the private broadcasters, Now DD doesn't has the potential to match the quality of these broadcasters, hence it is seeking Government help to seek Freebies in the form of shared broadcasts.

STAR Gold can also starts IPL. Even, STAR PLUS too bcoz shows are not running up-to that ratings.
They will broadcast IPL on STAR SPORTS only.
Star Sports 1 - English Commentary
Star Sports 1 HD - English Commentary
Star Sports Hindi 1 - Hindi Commentary
Star Sports Hindi 1 HD - Hindi Commentary
Star Sports First - Hindi Commentary (The same might be shared with DD)
Star Sports Tamil 1 - Tamil Commentary
Star Sports Kannada 1 - Kannada Commentary
And hopefully, Star Sports Telugu 1 - Telugu Commentary

Star Sports First - Hindi Commentary (The same might be shared with DD)
Currently looks unlikely since Star Sports First doesnt telecast LIVE matches. I think it has only repeat and highlights.... maybe I am wrong. But even Star doesnt advertise any series to be live on Star Sports First.

Currently looks unlikely since Star Sports First doesnt telecast LIVE matches. I think it has only repeat and highlights.... maybe I am wrong. But even Star doesnt advertise any series to be live on Star Sports First.
Yes i think so

May be i think ss first may rebrand as star sports 1 kannada

Last edited:
But star is unable to manage with only two channels. Ss s1 & s2 almoat always football or nz /eng matches
Other sports ss2 and cricket ss 1.
So in future ss first live telecast can be excpected as they are doing for rangi now

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock